Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 08:54 AM

80 posts, read 246,810 times

Advertisements

Lake Eufaula is one of the largest lakes in Oklahoma. It has great fishing and boating facilities. It stretches out like a spider with lots of "legs" going this way and that, so there is lots of shoreline. This area is not far from the mountains of southeastern Oklahoma or urban lifestyle of Tulsa or OKC. Many people have homes on the lake, maybe more than live in the nearby towns of Eufaula and Checotah. These two towns are in McIntosh County which has a population of about 20,000.

The opportunity for you is that I had to move away from my home in Checotah. I left a business and a home there. Both are still available for modest prices. The neighbors were good. The town is friendly. Hey, it's Oklahoma. What can you say? You can make friends easily if you want. They will probably tell you their life story if you are interested.

So, if you would be interested in twin movie theater and/or a 2 bedroom home in this laid back environment, see my website www.GentryCinema.com for details of the theater. My contact info is there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 11:39 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,180 times
I remember going to the Gentry Cinema when I was a kid in the 70s. I drove by it the other day and saw it was for sale. I was so glad to see that it had been fixed up so nicely in the last few years instead converted into another business. My mom and her best friend went and saw a few movies last years and said it was nice. I don't think there is a theater in Eufaula so this is the only one in the county.

I don't know if the old theater has a stage or not, but I would think it would be cool if someone used it as a community play house in addition to a movie theater. There are a lot of folks moving into McIntosh County from the OKC, Tulsa, DFW meto areas and even CA. I would think there may be some kind of demand for that kind of thing.

I was born and raised in Checotah and I am down there every week helping my folks on their farm. It really looks like the Lake Eufaula area is prime for some big growth. Most other lakes in Eastern Oklahoma have pretty much developed and there is not many affordable lots on them. Lake Eufaula because of its size (Largest lake in Oklahoma) and also that it is newer than most of the other lakes still has plenty of affordable lake lots. I have noticed that a lot of new developments have been built on the lake as well as in Eufaula and Checotah.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 PM

Thanks, Okie1962. It's still nice to hear that people enjoyed our theater or that they like the way it looks. There is a small stage in front of the screen in the bigger of the two theaters. It is very small and would have to be modified in some way to make it legal to use. ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requires stages be handicap accessible, and it currently is not. It might be possible, but there would be no room for a back-stage area. Probably the stage would only be suited for small stand-up performances of music, comedy, etc. I was told that vaudeville acts used to perform on that small stage many years ago. So something like that might work (if wheelchair access to the stage could be created).

I will try to post a photo this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Opportunity Near Lake Eufaula-gentry-cinema.jpg  

Old 09-01-2010, 08:42 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
Ive been to Lake Eaufaula a couple of times and its downright gorgeous!

Old 09-01-2010, 03:16 PM

116 posts, read 251,087 times
I miss down there

Old 09-02-2010, 06:11 PM

Yes, Lake Eufaula is beautiful. Sorry I had to leave.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:24 PM

Gentry Cinema is still for sale. So is our 2 bedroom home there in Checotah, located on a large corner lot. It would be hard to find a place with lower cost of living.

Old 06-18-2022, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,340 times
I would guess this property is not still for sale? I am looking to buy something out there at a reasonable price.

Thank you,
Sunie

Old 07-02-2022, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,941 times
hi there
selling or buying, you are welcome to take a look and leave your details in our site [url]www.homefastbuyer.com[/url]

cheers!

Old 07-09-2022, 07:15 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times
Free advertising hmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma