Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 05:33 PM

3 posts, read 11,268 times

Advertisements

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to find a place to do some hog hunting? I can't afford the big price of the private hunting club but I can chip in for Gas/Food or other stuffs. I live in oklahoma city for 15 years and have been hunting for the last 10, mostly deer and dove, i would love a chance to do some hog hunting but so far i have no luck finding somewhere to go. I hear that sometime farmer want to get rid of the hogs that tore up their stuff but i have no idea how to find these place. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Location: Where deer are milk cows and hoot owls are chickens and near where Big Foot is occasionally seen.
105 posts, read 397,661 times
Unless you are "local" to an area that has hog problems, you will probably have difficulty in locating places to hunt them. OKC is probably not known for having a lot of hog problems, so I'd check all the Oklahoma hunting forums and websites you can find and try to do some 'networking' with other hunters. Offer to guide a hunt in an area you know in exchange for a hunt where someone knows the hogs are running. You might also check with ODWC for information on hog populations in the public hunting areas around your area.

There are a lot of hogs running wild down here in eastern Oklahoma but you gotta know someone that has land and is having a problem with them. Even then, you need to have a pretty good relationship with the land owner since most folks in this part of the country do not want just anyone firing high powered weapons on their property where they have cattle running.

I have seen a lot of hogs on public hunting areas all through eastern Oklahoma, including Camp Gruber just southeast of Muskogee. Most of these areas are open for taking of a hog during deer season but are usually off limits to hog hunting outside of deer gun season (primitive and rifle).

Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,343,307 times
I only allow people I know to hog hunt on my property. If you got hurt you can sue even if you sign something that you will not. If my husband left something stupid out there or say the hog dug as they do and you break a leg than what. I had one guy a year ago take 11 off my property and another adjouning. We know him. Hopefully the population is down some, can't stand those beasts. They dig up everywhere.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:41 PM

3 posts, read 11,268 times
Thank you talisman and debbie, your informations were very helpful, i understand how fustrating it is for land owner with the problem of littering and other irresponsible acts, it don't take many bad apple to spoil the whole crop and i wouldn't blame you for not letting people onto your land, i'd do the same. It's getting harder and harder to find and get permission to hunt on private property anymore, i don't mind public land, just afraid of those idiot with high power rifle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma