Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these three cities/metro areas has the brightest future?
Cincinnati 55 30.90%
Columbus 59 33.15%
Cleveland 55 30.90%
Dunno 9 5.06%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 12:33 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,108,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by immersedincincy View Post
The problem with your argument is....wait for it.... You are biased with your opinion as am I
I agree with you. I'm also biased. Everyone is.

I have no idea which city is *objectively* the best, mostly because I don't think "best" is an objective measurement to begin with. Subjectively, everyone has their preferences, and really, that is perfectly fine. I love my hometown, as I'm sure everyone else does too, and we all want to defend these places from insults, misinformation, etc. The whole point about me attempting to call somewhat of a truce is that defense doesn't require attacking, maligning, ridiculing, insulting, etc. other cities.

Now, if no one is interested in stopping this stuff, my bad. If this is what we want our state to be known for... the infighting, bickering, name calling and general bitterness, then by all means, this should continue indefinitely. I have personally not seen this constantly in any other forum for any other state. I have made my own contributions to this and for that, I am sorry and regret it. I would prefer to move forward in a more positive way, but it doesn't seem like too many people are interested in that. If so, then I will drop the whole thing and we'll go on like always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 02:20 PM

152 posts, read 187,402 times
Preaching to the choir, how do we do this?

Old 02-14-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Preaching to the choir, how do we do this?
Unfortunately, we can only control our own behavior. I think it's pretty clear that not everyone is on board, and probably not even a majority. Without that, I don't think anything is going to change.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Unfortunately, we can only control our own behavior. I think it's pretty clear that not everyone is on board, and probably not even a majority. Without that, I don't think anything is going to change.
I wouldn't get too discouraged yet, Rome was not created in a day. I still think Ohio's cities collectively have a great story to tell. We should start some state specific posts perhaps and leave the RNC post to the DBs.

Last edited by immersedincincy; 02-15-2015 at 03:48 AM..

Old 02-15-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't get too discouraged yet, Rome was not created in a day. I still think Ohio's cities collectively have a great story to tell. We should start some state specific posts perhaps and leave the RNC post to the DBs.
I'm pretty discouraged so far. I kind of wish I'd never bothered at this point. You're the only person who responded in a positive way whatsoever. Thanks for that, at least.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm pretty discouraged so far. I kind of wish I'd never bothered at this point. You're the only person who responded in a positive way whatsoever. Thanks for that, at least.
Baby steps. I've had to accept Hocking Hills is part of Columbus. Your turn.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 AM

506 posts, read 427,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Cedar Point is one hour from downtown Cleveland, and less from western suburbs. Persons from all over Greater Cleveland do day trips to Cedar Point.

Admittedly, it's a very long, tiring day trip, especially from eastern suburbs. However, especially for those with season passes, Greater Clevelanders likely don't stay at Cedar Point from opening to closing, given at least annual and often more frequent visits.

Obviously Cedar Point is in Sandusky, but the Cleveland convention bureau certainly promotes it as a Cleveland attraction. Ditto with Canton's Pro Football Hall of Fame, which offers combo "HOF" tickets with the Rock Hall.

Cedar Point Amusement Park | Top Thrill Dragster | Cleveland Ohio
Cincinnati is one hour from southern Columbus and Dayton is less than one hour from western Columbus, do Cincinnati and Dayton count as a Columbus amenities?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:50 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,482,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Cincinnati is one hour from southern Columbus and Dayton is less than one hour from western Columbus, do Cincinnati and Dayton count as a Columbus amenities?
Actually, the location of Columbus relative to other large metropolitan areas is one of its great advantages IMO. I don't know if the Columbus visitors bureau promotes Dayton aviation attractions, but it should! After all, most aviation history attractions in Dayton close at 5 p.m. and visitors could be back in Columbus for dinner!

Dayton's aviation history attractions make the city one of the top history destinations in the U.S., and certainly the best in Ohio. Dayton also has a very good art museum and some other good attractions.

I know Columbus residents who regularly do day trips to not only Cincinnati, but also to Cleveland for events, including weekend matinees at PlayhouseSquare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio