Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 03:37 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
WRNative, I sincerely fear that your hatred of Trump and those who voted for him is going to send you to an early grave if you don't get it under control. You contribute a lot of good relocation advice to this forum; my advice is to focus on that. I can't imagine anyone cares to read these unhinged, self-indulgent rants.
Right. At least 600,000, and likely a million, Americans unnecessarily dead, and apparently millions more with acquired long-term health deficiencies. Hundreds of thousands of businesses forced into bankruptcy, and hundreds of thousands of families shattered. Massive educational deficiencies created that may impact our society and economy for years if not decades. Trillions spent to mitigate the economic damage due to Trump's and Republican refusal, unlike in Australia, to heed the advice of infectious disease experts and use proven public health measures to suppress the epidemic on a non-partisan basis. Much worse, Trump and the Republicans at Trump's behest chose to politically weaponize opposition to public health measures, such as mask wearing and social distancing, let alone contact tracing and enforced quarantines.

You apparently believe a death toll greater than in any American war, even the Civil War, is no big deal. Ditto, trillions of dollars of wealth destruction. Why???

Only in the mind of Trump apologists and spreaders, whether consciously or not, of Trump's COVID Big Lie propaganda, are my comments "unhinged, self-indulgent rants.":

Actually, exposing the inanities of Trump and his supporters is superb therapy for me. It helps me understand what has happened to our nation, and often I reflect back these days to reading, soon after it was published as a WWII history-loving middle schooler, the "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," in which William Shirer pondered how such a progressive nation as Germany could fall prey to Nazism. I still remember being scared and upset as I read the book, and wondering whether America could ever experience a similar fate. Even now deceit and anti-democratic forces are on the ascendancy in the U.S. and I don't see any political champion emerging to set the nation back on a more rational course.

Don't get me wrong, it's not only COVID that worries me. There are bigger problems, such as climate change deceit, ignorance and inaction. And with long experience and knowledge of economics, I easily can foresee an economic calamity in the immediate years ahead that would push America over the edge, especially as climate change becomes ever more destructive and in the wake of the COVID epidemic.

See post 143 in this thread. E.g., how many Americans understand that Florida may experience a foot or more of sea level rise by 2030?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/flor...-money-15.html

See this thread, especially the second half of post 22.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/clev...-travel-3.html

Don't get me wrong. My disgust is NOT limited to Trump and the Republicans. If Trump and the Republicans rate an "F" on COVID and climate change, the Democrats merit only a "C" at best.

Biden's State of the Union speech severely disappointed me given his failures to explain what lies ahead for climate change, or to address the severe health deficiencies that can result from a COVID infection, even for those with mild or asymptomatic cases. I'm disappointed that the Biden administration isn't pivoting to enforce stringent public health measures (especially contact tracing and mandatory quarantines as the vaccine barrier reduces infections hopefully making public health epidemic suppression measures possible) to squash the COVID epidemic, and restore science and public health measures to prominence in preparation for the next epidemic.

We certainly should be making a concerted effort to quantify the health deficiencies resulting from a COVID infection, certainly even among children, and developing treatments to prevent long-haul deficiencies and to treat them. I haven't heard anybody emphasizing this obvious need as a priority.

Last edited by WRnative; 05-15-2021 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 03:57 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Right. At least 600,000, and likely a million, Americans unnecessarily dead, and apparently millions more with acquired long-term health deficiencies. Hundreds of thousands of businesses forced into bankruptcy, and hundreds of thousands of families shattered. Massive educational deficiencies created that may impact our society and economy for years if not decades. Trillions spent to mitigate the economic damage due to Trump's and Republican refusal, unlike in Australia, to heed the advice of infectious disease experts and use proven public health measures to suppress the epidemic on a non-partisan basis. Much worse, Trump and the Republicans at Trump's behest chose to politically weaponize opposition to public health measures, such as mask wearing and social distancing, let alone contact tracing and enforced quarantines.

You apparently believe a death toll greater than in any American war, even the Civil War, is no big deal. Why???

Only in the mind of Trump apologists and spreaders, whether consciously or not, of Trump's COVID Big Lie propaganda, are my comments "unhinged, self-indulgent rants.":

Actually, exposing the inanities of Trump and his supporters is superb therapy for me. It helps me understand what has happened to our nation, and often I reflect back these days to reading, soon after it was published as a WWII history-loving middle schooler, the "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," in which William Shirer pondered how such a progressive nation as Germany could fall prey to Nazism. I still remember being scared and upset as I read the book, and wondering whether America could ever experience a similar fate. Even now deceit and anti-democratic forces are on the ascendancy in the U.S. and I don't see any political champion emerging to set the nation back on a more rational course.

Don't get me wrong, it's not only COVID that worries me. There are bigger problems, such as climate change deceit, ignorance and inaction. And with long experience and knowledge of economics, I easily can foresee an economic calamity in the immediate years ahead that would push America over the edge, especially as climate change becomes ever more destructive and in the wake of the COVID epidemic.

See post 143 in this thread. E.g., how many Americans understand that Florida may experience a foot or more of sea level rise by 2030?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/flor...-money-15.html

See this thread, especially the second half of post 22.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/clev...-travel-3.html

Don't get me wrong. My disgust is NOT limited to Trump and the Republicans. If Trump and the Republicans rate an "F" on COVID and climate change, the Democrats merit only a "C" at best.

Biden's State of the Union speech severely disappointed me given his failures to explain what lies ahead for climate change, or to address the severe health deficiencies that can result from a COVID infection, even for those with mild or asymptomatic cases. I'm disappointed that the Biden administration isn't pivoting to enforce stringent public health measures (especially contact tracing and mandatory quarantines as the vaccine barrier reduces infections hopefully making public health epidemic suppression measures possible) to squash the COVID epidemic, and restore science and public health measures to prominence in preparation for the next epidemic.

We certainly should be making a concerted effort to quantify the health deficiencies resulting from a COVID infection, certainly even among children, and developing treatments to prevent long-haul deficiencies and to treat them. I haven't heard anybody emphasizing this obvious need as a priority.
Notice how it's not the story of how a conservative nation fell to Nazism. You might want to give it another read.

Maybe re-read "Chicken Little," too.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:

You apparently believe a death toll greater than in any American war, even the Civil War, is no big deal. Ditto, trillions of dollars of wealth destruction. Why???
Please answer this question.

Quote:
Notice how it's not the story of how a conservative nation fell to Nazism. You might want to give it another read.

Maybe re-read "Chicken Little," too.
You are immensely deluded if you believe that Trump and the Republicans are democratic conservatives. Massive deficits, mocking of scientific experts, and gutting the environment are NOT the actions of true conservatives.

<<How were Hitler and the Nazis possible? How did such odious characters take and hold power in a country that was a world pacesetter in literature, art, architecture, and science, a nation that had a democratic government and a free press in the 1920s?>>

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/wa...-hitler-happen

So like Trump and his allies, you want to subvert American democracy and spread "Big Lie" propaganda and discredit objective journalism in order to save America. Goebbels would be very proud of you!

Sound familiar? Although I would argue that Trump is an amateur, a clown, as a public speaker compared to Hitler if even if his loyal followers worship his snake oil (often literally) sales pitch.

<<Hitler, a mesmerizing public speaker, addressed political meetings in Munich calling for a new German order to replace what he saw as an incompetent and inefficient democratic regime. This New Order was distinguished by an authoritarian political system based on a leadership structure in which authority flowed downward from a supreme national leader.>>

Old 05-15-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Please answer this question.

You are immensely deluded if you believe that Trump and the Republicans are democratic conservatives. Massive deficits, mocking of scientific experts, and gutting the environment are NOT the actions of true conservatives.

<<How were Hitler and the Nazis possible? How did such odious characters take and hold power in a country that was a world pacesetter in literature, art, architecture, and science, a nation that had a democratic government and a free press in the 1920s?>>

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/wa...-hitler-happen

So like Trump and his allies, you want to subvert American democracy and spread "Big Lie" propaganda and discredit objective journalism in order to save America. Goebbels would be very proud of you!
Nice, calling me a Nazi now. Really cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Old 05-15-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Nice, calling me a Nazi now. Really cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
I didn't say you were a Nazi. What I am saying is that in your efforts to characterize my substantiated comments as "unhinged, self-indulgent rants," you clearly are engaging in Big Lie propaganda techniques promoted and mastered by Goebbels, and repeatedly practiced by Donald Trump and other Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

You don't actually say anything substantive. You can't even state how you feel about the unnecessary deaths of a million Americans. So obviously I don't know enough about your positions to know if you are a fascist to some degree, or just a gullible individual indifferent to objective facts and prone to unexplained insults.

As I've said, I do know that you engage in Big Lie propaganda techniques in an attempt to discredit me, and thereby disgust me, as you seemingly have every intent to minimize the disastrous impact of the COVID epidemic on America.

Got it???

Last edited by WRnative; 05-15-2021 at 06:07 PM..

Old 05-15-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I didn't say you were a Nazi. What I am saying is that in your efforts to characterize my substantiated comments as "unhinged, self-indulgent rants," you clearly are engaging in Big Lie propaganda techniques promoted and mastered by Goebbels, and repeatedly practiced by Donald Trump and other Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

You don't actually say anything substantive. You can't even state how you feel about the unnecessary deaths of a million Americans. So obviously I don't know enough about your positions to know if you are a fascist to some degree, or just a gullible individual indifferent to objective facts.

As I've said, I do know that you engage in Big Lie propaganda techniques in order to discredit me, and thereby disgust me, as you seemingly have every intent to minimize the disastrous impact of the COVID epidemic on America.

Got it???
I don't say much at all, just that you are sounding like a lunatic with these rants. Thought you maybe weren't aware. It is nowhere near normal to tell someone practically out of the blue, "Goebbels would be proud of you," even online. If that's how you want to conduct yourself, have at it -- just thought you could use the feedback. Have a good day.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I don't say much at all, just that you are sounding like a lunatic with these rants. Thought you maybe weren't aware. It is nowhere near normal to tell someone practically out of the blue, "Goebbels would be proud of you," even online. If that's how you want to conduct yourself, have at it -- just thought you could use the feedback. Have a good day.
Right and it's perfectly normal to refer to someone without explanation as "unhinged" and a "lunatic" for posting substantive, detailed posts.

I understand that there are a lot of Americans, including Donald Trump and apparently you, who believe that it's perfectly normal to insult persons who disagree with them. They also believe it's great form to mock substantive, objective reasoning, even frequently of scientific experts.

IF "Big Lie" propaganda standards are established as the norm for debate in America, or even tolerated, we are just as doomed as the Germans were under the Nazis. The COVID death toll, resulting economic destruction, etc., is proof of this reality.

Why is it that you can't comment about the COVID debacle in America relative to Australia and other nations that employed scientifically-based, stringent public health measures to suppress the epidemic??? Do you believe an acceptable alternative is to insult and discredit posters who provide substantive arguments and explanations?

No need to answer the last question, as you've already provided the answer, repeatedly, in this thread.

Pathetic.

Old 05-15-2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Right and it's perfectly normal to refer to someone without explanation as "unhinged" and a "lunatic" for posting substantive, detailed posts.

I understand that there are a lot of Americans, including Donald Trump and apparently you, who believe that it's perfectly normal to insult persons who disagree with them. They also believe it's great form to mock substantive, objective reasoning, even frequently of scientific experts.

IF "Big Lie" propaganda standards are established as the norm for debate in America, or even tolerated, we are just as doomed as the Germans were under the Nazis. The COVID death toll, resulting economic destruction, etc., is proof of this reality.

Why is it that you can't comment about the COVID debacle in America relative to Australia and other nations that employed scientifically-based, stringent public health measures to suppress the epidemic??? Do you believe an acceptable alternative is to insult and discredit posters who provide substantive arguments and explanations?

No need to answer the last question, as you've already provided the answer, repeatedly, in this thread.

Pathetic.
It's not "Big Lie propaganda" to point out that you're way too long-winded and your rants on certain topics are hysterical.

Block me if you're that sensitive to feedback from me. Geesh.

Old 05-16-2021, 04:12 AM

811 posts, read 889,584 times
Pandemic is over. Vaccines are available almost everywhere without an appointment, Health orders end June 2nd, and Liberals’ love child, the CDC, have issued guidance to vaccinated people to drop the masks and social distancing. State of Emergency is in the past.

Old 05-16-2021, 05:14 AM

Quote:
It's not "Big Lie propaganda" to point out that you're way too long-winded and your rants on certain topics are hysterical.

Block me if you're that sensitive to feedback from me. Geesh.
Gotcha!!!

You have 5 posts in this thread and haven't made even a single factual point. You apparently believe that closed-minded dismissal of objective reasoning and insults are sufficient to win an argument. A post that takes a few minutes to read is too "long-winded" for your addled mind. Heaven forbid if you are ever challenged to read a magazine article let alone a book or to listen to a TED talk. Of course, TED talks involve "experts," who likely repulse you.

I understand that you're a card-carrying member of the dumbed-down America cult, who are some combo of gullible victims of propagandized "Big Lie" deceit, or are purveyors of it.

Unfortunately, the perfidious, sometimes farcical leaders of this cult have needlessly allowed one million Americans to die in an epidemic that other nations have suppressed using science-based policies. We have wasted trillions trying economically to survive this epidemic, and yet millions of survivors likely have acquired long-term health deficiencies that will burden our economy and health care system. Other millions have suffered economically and socially damaging educational shortfalls. Tens of millions have suffered or are facing food and housing deficiencies. And we likely still face an economic calamity in the near future. These cult leaders have politically weaponized opposition to effective public health measures, making America vulnerable to a deadly COVID variant, let alone an even more deadly virus in the future. None of this phases you and your fellow dummies one bit.

Pathetic. And portending of an extremely dismal outlook for this nation.

Last edited by WRnative; 05-16-2021 at 05:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio