Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 3,066 times

Advertisements

Has anyone living near Cleveland taken the road test as a new resident? I read at the BMV website that the road test is usually waived for new residents that have a valid DL from another state. The operative word being "usually" is what makes me wonder, under what circumstances do they decide someone needs a road test. I know that a written test will be given, so I've been reading the law digest for that.

I have a valid NV license, and am getting ready to go get my OH license. Perhaps they pull driving history and look for citations? I would imagine this would warrant a road test. In my case, my record is pretty good–I have never had DUIs or any other serious moving violations. My last citation was for expired plates in 1993. Maybe they consider age as well? I'm 35, so I would think this is remarkably different from, say, a twenty-year old driver. Also, I have insurance and the vehicle is registered here in Ohio.

I guess I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has moved here and has a similar situation to mine, meaning a valid out-of-state DL, OH registered and insured vehicle, and good driving history. If so, what did you experience? Or if anyone else wants to chime in, I'm open to opinions. I really would like to be mentally prepared if they require a road test–I simply hate them! I'm not worried about failing, I just don't like being measured like that. And I suck at parallel parking.

Thanks in advance,
Mel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,192,294 times
If your driving record isn't a mess, you have nothing to worry about.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 AM

42,004 posts, read 75,380,148 times
I had to take a written test, and that was it. Not a big deal. Study the little booklet for some of Ohio's more obscure laws, and you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: