Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 PM

123 posts, read 560,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powro3 View Post

I am confused as well, if you hate it so much...why are you coming back??? Ohio is a wonderful place..by no means is it "miserable"....Every state has its good and bad...I am moving in a couple of months...and I will truly miss Ohio and my "Buckeyes"....I am only moving because my husband got a new job in NC...NC has its good and bad as well. I look at it this way....you can only find happiness if you look for it. Ohio #1...GO BUCKS!!!!!! I will always be a Ohio girl no matter where I live...Ohio girl for life.....can't say it enough..GO BUCKS!!!
I am only coming back to see a few good friends for a day or two. It is sort of "on the way" to Maryland. I will never live in Oh again.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkx3 View Post
and yet you stated....."coming back for a visit this summer" make up your mind... Ohio the terrible cesspool of ignorance, meanness, etc. or the heart of it all. I"m so happy for you that you moved to AZ where everyone and everything in the entire state is well....perfect! Good for you! Ohio is better off not having you there telling anyone who'll listen how miserable it is...you know there are more towns than just toledo. Oh well...living in Bama now for job and miss home everyday but ALL places have good and bad...the plus here the weather...downside...no LakeErie!

I spose there is no reason for me to be posting here any longer-- as this matter was closed long ago. There is much information in this thread for people potentially wanting to move here--good and bad. People keep re-opening it and asking new questions, so I post answers. I keep getting emails about new replies to the thread also. Maybe its time a Mod closed it.

Again, I am visiting for 2 days, to see a couple good friends. I am flying into Detroit, driving to Toledo, and right back to Detroit and off to Baltimore for 2 weeks.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:26 PM

4 posts, read 12,431 times
You just sound like no matter where you live, you are not going to be happy. I don't think it's OHIO, but I think it's you and how you feel at this moment. You will find something wrong with every state. Maybe you just need to move out of town, instead of the state.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:30 PM

143 posts, read 874,008 times
Can we let this thread die already..

Mods.........if you will

Old 07-10-2007, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcenterville View Post
You just sound like no matter where you live, you are not going to be happy. I don't think it's OHIO, but I think it's you and how you feel at this moment. You will find something wrong with every state. Maybe you just need to move out of town, instead of the state.
Quite the contrary, I love living in AZ. I loved living in MD. Not Ohio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader
Can we let this thread die already..

Mods.........if you will
YES, MODS?

Old 07-10-2007, 11:12 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,209,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayOut View Post
I spose there is no reason for me to be posting here any longer-- as this matter was closed long ago. There is much information in this thread for people potentially wanting to move here--good and bad. People keep re-opening it and asking new questions, so I post answers. I keep getting emails about new replies to the thread also. Maybe its time a Mod closed it.

Again, I am visiting for 2 days, to see a couple good friends. I am flying into Detroit, driving to Toledo, and right back to Detroit and off to Baltimore for 2 weeks.

Onewayout, you certainly don't have to justify posting on the Ohio board just because a feel people have their panties in a wad, so to speak. Ohio has it's share of problems as we've discussed before. I've been in Ohio 35+ years, maybe I'm qualified to speak just a bit on it, but perhaps not. Maybe others know more. I've lived in the NE OH area most of my life (from age 6), barring a few years that I was gone from OH. I've seen the jobs disintegrate in NE OH, the foreclosures in OH are one of the highest in the nation, our area is experiencing a brain drain; I could go on. I also lived in Toledo, while husband was going to pharmacy school at the U of Toledo from 1984 to 1991. My oldest son went there too about 4 years ago. I saw with my own eyes what was/is happening to Toledo, having been there many years earlier. To the Ohio sports lovers, I say Kudos to you. My husband and my boys join you. I could care less whether it's the Ohio Bucks or any other sports team in the nation. I don't care about the Michigan state rivalry or the hatred towards Pittsburgh Steelers. To me, sports are at the bottom of the list as to where I want to live. To some, sports is their life; good for them; that's why the good Lord made all of us different. Perhaps, Onewayout and some other people feel like that too. I know I do. Ohio better get going with attracting corporations to come here, providing jobs, providing for education and healthcare. All the other stuff; forget about it. Onewayout, hope that you're doing okay in AZ. Take care.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,737,486 times
I think we've had enough negativity here, all has been said.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio