Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 02:22 PM

9 posts, read 9,868 times

Advertisements

A somewhat interesting development may be happening as the shops on main website shows Dicks taking over what used to be gordmans. If this happens the highland grove store would certainly close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 11:55 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchism View Post
A somewhat interesting development may be happening as the shops on main website shows Dicks taking over what used to be gordmans. If this happens the highland grove store would certainly close.
A relocation for sure. They wouldn't keep both. Don't think there has been so many vacant spots in Highland Grove with the former HHgregg still vacant (they still light the signs at night!!). I wonder if Best Buy would take some of the Dick's space since they are closing the Lansing Best Buy.

I guess Meatheads as well as Firehouse Subs are out in Shops on Main. Thought it would be harder to keep tenants in the two buildings without a clear sight to 41, but both are full.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:10 PM

143 posts, read 217,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
I have a friend who works for the Namdar management team at River Oaks and the owners also own an adjacent shopping center further south on Torrence. Supposedly, both Burlington Coat Factory and Forman Mills who both have stores in Lansing, are looking to expand into the NWI market. As Northwest Indiana pointed out, the former Gordmans can easily be converted into a small BCF while the HHGreg could become Forman Mills. This is all just speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if this scenario played out.
Looks like your friend was right. Burlington is expanding into Highland in the Highland Grove Shopping Center taking over the former Office Max, Tuesday Morning, and Catherine's Plus Sizes spaces.
Highland Grove Shopping Center | Retail Space for Lease in Highland, Indiana

Old 03-24-2018, 10:22 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,488,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze55 View Post
Looks like your friend was right. Burlington is expanding into Highland in the Highland Grove Shopping Center taking over the former Office Max, Tuesday Morning, and Catherine's Plus Sizes spaces.
Highland Grove Shopping Center | Retail Space for Lease in Highland, Indiana
With Toys R Us closing shop, I can definitely see Foreman Mills replacing them in the Southlake location.

Also, it seems like Dick’s is no longer moving to Shops on Main which still leaves the old Goodman’s Space vacant.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:09 PM

9 posts, read 9,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
With Toys R Us closing shop, I can definitely see Foreman Mills replacing them in the Southlake location.

Also, it seems like Dick’s is no longer moving to Shops on Main which still leaves the old Goodman’s Space vacant.
As of right now the Shops on Main website still has Dick’s moving there. It appears that they are waiting for their lease in Highland to expire.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchism View Post
As of right now the Shops on Main website still has Dick’s moving there. It appears that they are waiting for their lease in Highland to expire.
I had just checked the website before i posted and i swear the space was empty but now it is there. This has happened a couple times ugh lol.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:27 AM

Exclamation Oak Street Commons - Back on After 13ish years!

Well! After 13ish years, this project is finally getting going (although will not be like it was originally intended)

Chick-fil-A, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse coming to Schererville

Old 07-08-2020, 06:47 AM

166 posts, read 286,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Well! After 13ish years, this project is finally getting going (although will not be like it was originally intended)

Chick-fil-A, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse coming to Schererville
Developers and planners should look at Orland Park and Oak Brook/Lombard for guidance. There is such a variety of interesting restaurants in those areas’ retail corridors. Will NW Indiana ever catch up?

Old 12-07-2023, 04:26 PM

Thumbs up Cooper's Hawk Coming to Shops on Main

Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant to land in Schererville

The restaurant will be located in the northeast outlot that is next to Dick's. Not only will this build-out complete the Shops on Main development but assuming there are no other changes between now and the restaurant opening, that would also mean that the development would be 100% leased .

Also, honorable mention to Highland Grove for being nearly 100% leased and landing the Market by Macy's store as well.

Old 02-23-2024, 06:33 AM

Default Barnes & Noble, Buckle, and Victoria Secret coming to Schererville

Barnes & Noble Returning to Lake County

Barnes & Noble will be taking over most of the space vacated by Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Buckle and Victoria Secret will also be occupying the remainder of that space located at the Town Square Shopping Center in Schererville. I am glad that space is going to be reoccupied so quickly. I know many folks are most happy about Barnes & Noble due to the absence of Borders from years ago; however, the addition of Buckle and Victoria Secret definitely adds to the overall vibe of the Highland/Schererville retail area becoming more of an alternative to a traditional enclosed mall environment like Southlake or River Oaks.

Attached is the current site plan for Town Square Shopping Center.
Attached Thumbnails
New Retail Development in Schererville-2105-site-plan-12.14-1.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana