Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 AM

83 posts, read 484,049 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a nice place for lunch (not fast food type, and looking for good quality and customer service) in Alexandria area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 AM

428 posts, read 1,114,956 times
What part of Alexandria?

If you're looking for something in Old Town, then my fave is Mai Thai. The food's yummy, it's (almost) right down on the water, and the service is good. And there's a Ben & Jerry's just around the corner for dessert.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,683,200 times
This place in Old Town is nice:

Union Street Public House | Old Town Alexandria Virginia |

Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,715,221 times
The 2 recommendations above are good, as are Old Town Thai, Las Tapas (not La Tasca, which is nice, but Tapas is better), Le Gaulois (in nice weather, sit outside), and Taverna Cretekou. Murphy's is also pretty good, and the Fish Market is not bad. Really, you can just walk up and down King Street, I've never been disappointed.

There's also some places in Del Ray that are good. I liked the Mexican place, but I can't remember the name. You can also go to Shirlington and check out the restaurants there (Aladdin's, Carlyle, Thai, Luna Grill, and Busboys & Poets are good).

Old 05-04-2009, 07:18 PM

83 posts, read 484,049 times
Cool! I will check them out online! Thanks for your help. I hope parking during lunch hour is not too bad?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM

446 posts, read 1,648,056 times
All the restaurants in the Shirlington area are great! Old Town and Del Ray are good too--just park and walk up and down the streets.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:44 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,683,200 times
In Old Town you may have to park several blocks away, so if you're meeting someone, plan to get there a little early.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:55 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
In Old Town you may have to park several blocks away, so if you're meeting someone, plan to get there a little early.
And one thing I did discover....you do have to feed meters on Saturdays lol. Didn't get a parking ticket but realized I had parked illegally when I saw every other meter had been fed....

Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,521 times
Generally I find parking in Old Town is pretty available, so long as you aren't scared to parallel park. This should certainly be the case during the day on a weekend.

Another option of course is to take the Metro to King Street station.

I can honestly say I've never gotten a bad meal in Old Town. Some have been better than others, but all have been pretty good.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,726,518 times
My DH's favorite hobby is dining out. We do Old Town just about every weekend, and I second the choices already listed. We have also discovered Delia's which is located in Alexandria at the Hoffman Center on Eisenhower, near the movie theater. I'm gathering that it has had a location in Springfield for years. If you want just a place to eat, without the need to walk and sight see and off the beaten path try it. Parking is free in the lot across the street, or if you get lucky and find a spot in the 1 hr places up front. It seems like it might be crowded but most people are headed to the movies. Haven't been there as a movie let out though, might get crowded. During the week it is pretty crowded with the folks from the buildings and the PO.

There is also the fun place in Del Ray...near the wine store...name escapes me. Funky decor??? Away from the crowds of old town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: