Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I already voted but I'm confident there will be many others ready with cell cams in hand to capture those precious moments.
I think you owe it to your C-D friends to go to the polls and tell us about them, now that you've made the claim .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 01:30 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,132 times
i don't understand why early voted isn't promoted more and why you need an "excuse" to vote absentee in VA.

i explained this in another thread, but I was honestly unaware that VA did not have "traditional" early voting but instead have absentee voting where you can still vote in person.

I got a flier from the metro station that pretty much said if you worked out of the area or were running errands out of the area on the day of the election, then you should vote early.

my fiance and I both went and voted early. After waiting in line about 40 minutes we found out that we had to have an excuse and documentation to vote early. Apparently working in DC is a good enough reason even though we live just across the river.

My fiance works in Fairfax and picks me up after my evening class on Tuesdays so we don't get home until after 10pm. She had to say that she was working later than the polls were open and then sign a statement that pretty much said if you are lying, then this is a felony.

I thought that was a bit ridiculous and wish they would just let anyone who wants to vote early to do so.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:47 PM

4,437 posts, read 8,122,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
The only one in NoVA the police have reason to investigate so far is Congressman Jim Moran, his son, and his campaign:

Patrick Moran: Arlington Police to investigate fradulent ballot issue | WJLA.com

Using fake ID to fraudulently vote using someone else's name is quite a suppression of that person's vote.
What's amazing was just before that news story broke, Jim Moran had signed a letter requesting a probe on voter fraud: 3 Va. congressmen call for voter fraud investigation - WTOP.com

Back in 2008, there was a line at my voting station around 7am. It took about 30 minutes. I'm expecting about the same turnout this year.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Quote:
I think you owe it to your C-D friends to go to the polls and tell us about them, now that you've made the claim .
Ahah! Another Republican trick to prove I didn't need to vote absentee.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Ahah! Another Republican trick to prove I didn't need to vote absentee.
Haha, your mind is far more devious than mine !

Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
She had to say that she was working later than the polls were open and then sign a statement that pretty much said if you are lying, then this is a felony.
Maybe I'm wrong but I read the form to say it was a felony if you voted more than once. The main concern is that you don't vote absentee and then again on election day.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
What's amazing was just before that news story broke, Jim Moran had signed a letter requesting a probe on voter fraud: 3 Va. congressmen call for voter fraud investigation - WTOP.com

Yeah, that's right, where's the letter asking for an investigation of himself ?

Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM

2,772 posts, read 4,315,725 times
Quote:
There are lots of things you can talk about on the politics page but this is the NoVA board and the voter fraud investigation here in NoVA involves Jim and Pat Moran, the Arlington County police, and a unanimous request by the state Electoral Board (which has members of both parties) that the state Attorney General investigate as well.
Hahaha, hiding behind this being a "NOVA" forum. Well I would say that the presidential election being robbed from the majority progressive NOVA by tactics like this in the rest of the state applies to "things that matter in NOVA".

The reason why early voting is difficult in Virginia is because they want it to be difficult. Working class people work on Tuesdays, rich people are usually out playing golf anyways so no one will miss them.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
There are lots of things you can talk about on the politics page but this is the NoVA board and the voter fraud investigation here in NoVA involves Jim and Pat Moran, the Arlington County police, and a unanimous request by the state Electoral Board (which has members of both parties) that the state Attorney General investigate as well.
The Arlington Police are asking for the investigation/are investigating? Or are they, too, under investigation?

Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM

9,874 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong but I read the form to say it was a felony if you voted more than once. The main concern is that you don't vote absentee and then again on election day.
when I vote, they cross my name off the list. How could I vote twice? Wouldn't my name already be crossed off? One could only assume they are using the same book of names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia