Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,959 times

Advertisements

thinking of buying in Wild Acres. whats your thoughts6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 11:55 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
anything with POA at the end of it is a WASTE of money .

Community's are a joke , And Roxxy Just because You dont know about the gangs or drugs dont assume there is none there , Some people know more than others .. some know nothing .. Also aprox 40% of the hideout is snowbirds and vacation homes and there is a handful of rentals , I would Guess that maybe 50% of the place is full time residents ..
First of all that is entirely your opinion. If one chooses to pay amenities thats their business. You might think its a joke but some dont, and in that case you should not live in a community! Now if you can show me that there are gangs and drug dealing in the Hideout I would take you seriously but I doubt you can. Also there were some problems in the past but you dont see it as a norm!

We have 3200 homes here and if there are 1000 homes that are full time that is alot of homes and alot of families. If we were a smaller community then maybe your statement would seem fit. No guessing needed!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,138,697 times
If you say so .. . Enjoy your 1/4 acre of paradise ..

Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 PM

18 posts, read 47,624 times
Somebody mentioned Hemlock Farms..... any comments here? Also, if you cannot have fences, what do you do about an adult dog who is too old to train with the invisible fences? Another question, what about a vegetable garden - yes/no?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:50 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,583 times
You would have to keep the dog on a leash / tied. Hemlock Farms is quite expensive for dues, one of the most expensive in the area, but overall a very well maintained community with nice amenities - including an indoor pool. My kids' former babysitter lives there and the kids loved the pools. They even have a swim team.

There is a fair mix of year round / vacation homes in Hemlock. Lots of activities / things to do. It's almost like a small town unto itself! Right outside the gate you will find a Weis supermarket, McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, Rite Aid Pharmacy, pizza place, delis and Chinese takeout...and Interstate 84. You will find Kmart, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot down 84 a short way in Westfall/Matamoras, or Honesdale,(No Lowes in Honesdale) and about 45 mins away in Scranton/Dickson City. It's really a good location.

Watch the taxes though, as there are three different school districts covered in Hemlock.

Most of Hemlock is Wallenpaupack School District, but some is Delaware Valley and some is East Stroudsburg.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:52 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
First of all that is entirely your opinion. If one chooses to pay amenities thats their business. You might think its a joke but some dont, and in that case you should not live in a community! Now if you can show me that there are gangs and drug dealing in the Hideout I would take you seriously but I doubt you can. Also there were some problems in the past but you dont see it as a norm!

We have 3200 homes here and if there are 1000 homes that are full time that is alot of homes and alot of families. If we were a smaller community then maybe your statement would seem fit. No guessing needed!
Well said Roxxy.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3crazykids View Post
Somebody mentioned Hemlock Farms..... any comments here? Also, if you cannot have fences, what do you do about an adult dog who is too old to train with the invisible fences? Another question, what about a vegetable garden - yes/no?
You can make a small fenced in area in the back of your house. You cannot build a fence around your entire property. We do have however a dog run. Its in an area that is entirely fenced in and there is a covered area with tables and chairs to sit down while your pet enjoys the run!

Hemlock is more expensive, homes are more money than the Hideout.

Oh and to Riverside...I love my 1/2 acre property and my home and it suits me and my family fine, so thanks for the blessing!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Well said Roxxy.

Thank you Karen! I just love people that say things because they can and dont care about the consequences to others. How dare someone belittle my home!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:19 AM

18 posts, read 47,624 times
Thanks for all the input. Now, a very important subject..... school districts. Since I would be leaving one of the better districts on Long Island this is important to me. Which is better Wallenpaupack or Delaware Valley? Great schools had DV listed higher, but I have read on here that some people prefer Wallenpaupack.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,138,697 times
That is true ,,

Wallenpaupack is good ..

Wayne Highlands Is Better though ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania