Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:02 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,467,808 times

Advertisements

OK, NOW I think we're off the NEPA gay pride topic!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 PM

996 posts, read 3,285,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Calling people "freaks and wierdos" is not the way to conduct an adult dialogue!
And neither is calling them uneducated rednecks and bible-thumpers!

Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,789,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
OK, NOW I think we're off the NEPA gay pride topic!!!

Well i didn't bring it up, i just responded.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:16 PM

80 posts, read 258,887 times
It's funny no one has brought the Nazi's into this conversation yet.
That's usually a sign that the topic has finally run it's course.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olbluesguy View Post
It's funny no one has brought the Nazi's into this conversation yet.
That's usually a sign that the topic has finally run it's course.

lololol, i think this topic has run it's course a while ago, i'm surprised it's still open.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:59 PM

192 posts, read 595,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Obnoxious flag-waving????? It's because of the troops that we can have all these festivals and parades. Let's not start on the troops here. I'm proud of waving the U.S flag and i will continue to do so, i'd wave 100 of them if i could hold them all. In fact i might go buy 100 and figure out how to wave them all at once.
There's a difference between being proud, and being obnoxious. "Proud" is 4th of July parties and apple pie and visiting the Vietnam memorial in DC.

Believing you're a better American because of the number of yellow ribbon stickers stuck on the back of your car is not patriotism. It's obnoxious.

jin·go·ism (jngg-zm) n. Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.

jingo·ist n.
jingo·istic adj.
jingo·isti·cal·ly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Oh i see and men running around in women's clothing and make-up isn't obnoxious? Give me a break! I'm proud of the military, you go fight a war and do what they do, they deserve to have flags waving for them. If i want to put 50 yellow ribbon magnets on my car i will do just that.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:34 PM

936 posts, read 2,403,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Ching View Post
There's a difference between being proud, and being obnoxious. "Proud" is 4th of July parties and apple pie and visiting the Vietnam memorial in DC.

Believing you're a better American because of the number of yellow ribbon stickers stuck on the back of your car is not patriotism. It's obnoxious.

jin·go·ism (jngg-zm) n. Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.

jingo·ist n.
jingo·istic adj.
jingo·isti·cal·ly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Well I think pride comes from ones heart. If you had been unfortunate and had that very important thing taken away from you, you would feel different. Gay people want to be proud and not have to hide from the love they feel and whats in their hearts. Wow its amazing that people dont get what the Gay Pride Parade is all about.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:41 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,674,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Oh i see and men running around in women's clothing and make-up isn't obnoxious? Give me a break! I'm proud of the military, you go fight a war and do what they do, they deserve to have flags waving for them. If i want to put 50 yellow ribbon magnets on my car i will do just that.
You tell 'em sue. It's ok to have pride in the fact that you're gay, but not ok to have pride in your country and the people who fought for our freedoms? It's ok to have festivals with weird people, but not ok to go to a parade and celebrate our country and freedom. You liberals kill me, you really do, your priorities are all wrong in my opinion. Gays say they are born gay, they didn't decide to be gay. I ask them then, what is there to be proud of then if you were born that way? It's not like they accomplished something and then said I'm proud of that accomplishment. I'm not proud of the fact that I like women, I just always felt that way and thought nothing of it and that's it. I never needed a venue to tell the world that I like women.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:50 PM

13,255 posts, read 33,600,902 times
I hear a fat lady singing somewhere.....

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania