Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:36 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,864,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
So sad but very true...tread lightly and thoughtfully when dealing with neighbors things can escalate before you know it and it will be a living nightmare. Thankfully this has not happened here, but on LI when I owned my home...it turned violent.
It's nice to see it isn't 'just another terrible NEPA thing'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 4,421 times
People like this make my blood boil. If I ever own my own house and some ****ty neighbor tries to call the cops because "I hate music, it makes my fibromyalgia really flare up in my scapula!" rest assured I'll be on my front porch with a trench gun every time they go by on sheer coincidence. Those neighbors who are just terrible people and are *always* trying to screw with someone in order to make their lives worse by calling cops or being a worthless tattle tale maggot are exactly the sort of people you just wish you could legally hit with a freight train. Same exact sort of scumbag who tries to set up home owners associations. My land. My house. Not yours. I don't whine and ***** and moan about what you do with your land, you don't pay the utilities or mortgage on mine, so you stay on your side of the fence, and the trench gun stays in the safe.

Last edited by WWallace94; 04-08-2017 at 08:02 PM..

Old 04-08-2017, 08:01 PM

3 posts, read 4,421 times
and to clarify, I'm referring to something like if your neighbor is a musician and they are practicing on their land that they paid for. or they occasionally listen to music at reasonable hours of the day. If you try harassing them by calling the police, you deserve to go to jail for calling the police when you had virtually no right to. if I wanna sit at my house and get out my guitar and play around on it, and it's reasonable hours and you can "hear me shaking your house" (which is 110% certified fake bull**** by the way) then I have every right to do it. If you want to start something with some passive aggressive ****ty neighbor thing like that, then that's all on you. If it's hostility you're looking for (which you clearly are if you're calling the cops on someone for something as innocent as music or god forbid a family pet) then there's a 99% chance it isn't going to end well for you. if I was in the shoes of the person just sitting there playing some guitar and if *I* had some ****ty neighbor complain about it rest assured I'm going to become so hostile so fast it will make you want to move out of the state entirely.

You stay on your side of the fence. I stay on mine. And maybe. *MAYBE* on christmas I *MIGHT* consider giving you something like a gift card for your family to dine out or something like a nice bottle of wine. You mess with my livlihood and the things that I enjoy? you make my life harder? The sound of my guitar will be replaced with the sound of your sobbing and tears every single night I promise you that.

moral of the story, don't be that ****ty neighbor that nobody likes. If you do legitimately have a sound issue (which is rare) then go ahead. Just know if you wrongly instigate a feud that most of your neighbors will hate you for it.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:04 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,159,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWallace94 View Post
People like this make my blood boil. If I ever own my own house and some ****ty neighbor tries to call the cops because "I hate music, it makes my fibromyalgia really flare up in my scapula!" rest assured I'll be on my front porch with a trench gun every time they go by on sheer coincidence. Those neighbors who are just terrible people and are *always* trying to screw with someone in order to make their lives worse by calling cops or being a worthless tattle tale maggot are exactly the sort of people you just wish you could legally hit with a freight train. Same exact sort of scumbag who tried to set up home owners associations. My land. My house. Not yours. I don't whine and ***** and moan about what you do with your land, you don't pay the utilities or mortgage on mine, so you stay on your side of the fence, and the trench gun stays in the safe.
This is why I'm glad I live in the woods...I have neighbors but thankfully none like you and none that like to blast music....but I have experienced neighbors blasting music late at night and I called the police...there's a time for everything....between 11pm and 6-7 or 8 am is not the time for blasting music....if you want to do that buy yourself over 10,000 acres so you have no neighbors and listen to all the music you want at any level you want so you don't disturb anybody....

Old 04-11-2017, 08:02 AM

377 posts, read 242,955 times
Many decades ago our family had a nice summer cottage in the woods . People used to break in and eventually destroyed most of it. Later on, when I went up there and discovered the vandalism time after time, I would blast Rock music for the entire time I was there. Eventually they burned the house down, after burning one of the others nearby previously a few years earlier. I never rebuilt, and am hoping to sell the land once and for all.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:10 AM

33,024 posts, read 36,588,969 times
My friend experienced that in DE west of Rehoboth. It was a bit off the beaten path and vandalized over and over. The TV was smashed, pee on the mattresses, windows kicked out. This happened at least 3 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania