Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:36 AM

431 posts, read 1,312,528 times

Advertisements

Anyone own a house built by them? How are the neighborhoods that they build? Would it be a long ride to midtown from there?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:44 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,151,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerMan View Post
Anyone own a house built by them? How are the neighborhoods that they build? Would it be a long ride to midtown from there?

Their homes are overpriced , You can do much better .. The ride from Stroudsburg area to the city varies but look at 2.5 - 3 hrs on a good day ...

Old 09-16-2011, 11:10 PM

431 posts, read 1,312,528 times
Thank you. How about classicqualityhomes.com?

Old 09-17-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Thank you. How about classicqualityhomes.com?

Why Buy new and in two yrs have your home "" Under Water ""? Buy a house thats already built and Save tens of thousands .. Lots of great deals out there ,, Its a Buyers market

Old 09-17-2011, 07:32 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,813,484 times
I don't know about Classic Quality Homes, but most of the builders up there, when we lived there three years ago, were just in it for the money. Drywall seems cracked in our friends' houses, the tape would fall off, porch steps were installed backwards so that water actually ran into the house. These builders didn't tell people to install alternative heat sources so many of them had $800 electric bills in the winter. They only stayed in business (I guess) because all the new comers didn't know better.

Why build a home when you can nab a near new one so cheap? It seems silly to me.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:12 PM

24 posts, read 81,200 times
Default LTS Builders

Quote:
My daughter built with LTS Builders. She and her family are in a great neighborhood and are very happy with their home. They had looked at other builders but the quality of construction was not good. I quess if your shopping on price only, you get what you pay for! If you buy quality, you get quality. Why buy a used home and have to renovate it to get it up to your standards. LTS Builders has been in business for over 30 years, alot of smaller builders have closed their doors. They will be here for a good while.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INPASINCE68 View Post
My daughter built with LTS Builders. She and her family are in a great neighborhood and are very happy with their home. They had looked at other builders but the quality of construction was not good. I quess if your shopping on price only, you get what you pay for! If you buy quality, you get quality. Why buy a used home and have to renovate it to get it up to your standards. LTS Builders has been in business for over 30 years, alot of smaller builders have closed their doors. They will be here for a good while.

LTS also subs out all their work to the LOWEST bidders . Mexicans Roof the houses and side them for $22.50 a Square ... They hang and finish drywall for $10 a board .. Larry and his Son make the $$$$$ No one else does , Just him and his kid .. Shysters if you ask me ...

Old 09-17-2011, 01:40 PM

24 posts, read 81,200 times
Default LTS Builders

Disgruntled ex - employee or contractor. Don't knock where we eat!

Old 09-17-2011, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,901 times
Thumbs up LTS Builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
LTS also subs out all their work to the LOWEST bidders . Mexicans Roof the houses and side them for $22.50 a Square ... They hang and finish drywall for $10 a board .. Larry and his Son make the $$$$$ No one else does , Just him and his kid .. Shysters if you ask me ...
I don't know why you would make such negative comments. You sound bitter about something. I am a happy LTS homeowner and so are all my neighbors. I was referred to LTS by a co-worker and an ex-neighbor that built with them. Even so, I spent 6 months shopping all the builders to make sure I was making the right choice. Sorry but I'm anal. I've been in my house over 1 year and I feel that I definitely made the right choice for me and my family. I found that LTS had the best quality and offered the best locations. I may have paid slightly more, but in the long run my house will cost less to maintain, so LTS was the right choice for me.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,893 times
I built with Classic Homes and it was a nightmare! The quality was poor and forget about them ever coming back to fix the problems. Because I'm all the way up in Mt. Pocono, it takes me about 2 hours to get to the city. I should have build closer to the Delaware Water Gap with a builder that has a better reputation. I went to LTS and should have built with them but I didn't because they were priced a little higher than Classic. What a big mistake I made! The old saying "You get what you pay for" was certainly true in my case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania