Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:54 AM

393 posts, read 1,531,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Just because a certain type of food is all over the place does not mean its good, its just another example of how people are stupid lemmings. What else could explain why pizza such as Domino's and Pizza Hut sells everywhere? Why are there so many crap chain restaurants like Olive Garden, Perkins, etc, and why are they always busy? Its not because the food is good, that's for sure.
This Yankee fan agrees with the Phillies fan.

It's all about mass marketing and excessive advertising that make people THINK it's great food. Mind conditioning..create need and desire, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. It's like the hucksters on QVC manipulating people into buying things they really don't want or need.

Psychology 101 i.e. Edward Bernays....John B. Watson ..classical conditioning.

I think Dominoes is absolute garbage and Pizza Hut has degraded over the years. I can't say much about Papa John's either except arghhh. Luckily I can separate the wheat from the chaff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM

201 posts, read 539,163 times
Thought I would jump in on this one... I really like Petes Place pizza on Blackman St., Stuccio's in Nanticoke, and for a fried pizza, I like Classic in Plymouth (not sickening greasy as Victory Pig or Pizza L'ovin). I do like Sabatini's but do not get that way to often. I am not a big fan of Grotto's. I do not think the flavor is there. Thanks for this post. Now I will know where to try in different areas.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:31 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Grotto Pizza? Yuck! I would rather eat chain garbage like Pizza Hut or Papa John's before I eat Grotto. I think even Domino's might be better than Grotto.
Thanks or the heads up. I was unaware that the Grotto's sauce consisted of road tar and bleach.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM

16 posts, read 102,338 times
Grotto Pizza is disgusting...I would rather eat Papa John's out of a dumpster and that is saying something since I despise that pizza as well.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM

414 posts, read 1,780,371 times
Good to know.....thanks for this.....so hoping you would weigh in.....

Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 AM

910 posts, read 2,994,052 times
To NYers 'Old Forge' pizza is definitely not pizza. But to each his own! Real NY pizza can be found at Basilicos like others have said, but also at Sal's on Linden Street in Scranton. My dad and I have been on the hunt for 7 years now and that's as close to home as you get out here and it's a family run place!

Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 AM

5 posts, read 16,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Basilico's, between Circut City and Dick's in Dickson City.
I'm from the Bronx,and Basilico's is my favorite,too. It's real pizza,not the stuff you find locally.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
I like Mikes Pizza in Brodheadsville........but really my favorite is at Anthony's in Surfside, Myrtle Beach.......he makes crust that is just a one of a kind.
Missing it right now..

Old 08-15-2007, 09:13 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,617 times
well, your not in NY so you will eat Old Forge style and you will like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk.

During college we used to get into these arguments with kids fromJersey and NY about pizza. They would whine and complaine like typical NY'ers about how their pizza is the only pizza in the universe. However after eating TRAYS of pizza a few times they came around. One guy's father and uncle owned a pizza place in Besonhurst on 86th and 14th ave in Brooklyn. We all went there one sat afternoon for a few slices. It was good but give me calarusso's anyday. I think Ny'ers especially transplaned ones love to make lopsided comparrisons about food. All the food in NY is perfect, everywhere else it is not quite up to par.

to each their own, i live in FLa now and i wish someone had decent pizza cause there is definitly NONE!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
New Yorkers, for some reason or another, have some sense of superiority over others. That arrogance and abrasive attitude is a big reason why people usually don't take too kindly to them when they move in. Do you really think that if NEPA had a wave of people from, say, Oregon, Ohio, or Minnesota, there would be as much animosity towards them than there is towards New Yorkers? No, probably not. And I know not all New Yorkers are guilty of this, but it is a common trait amongst them (I am referring to NY city area natives, not NY state). Their attitudes on pizza also reflects this, that their pizza is the greatest in the world and that we are just a bunch of PA hicks eating our square American-cheese pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania