Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 06:32 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times

Advertisements

Speaking of former burger restaurants in NC.. I might be the only one here, but I miss Fuddruckers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2024, 07:38 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,743 times
I don’t know how true this is, but apparently all the PDQs are supposed to close on the 20th of this month, with most of them being bought out by Whataburger. The one in Wake Forest is definitely going to be converted into a Cook Out since the Triangle Business Journal has an article on that purchase.

Old 02-16-2024, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I don’t know how true this is, but apparently all the PDQs are supposed to close on the 20th of this month, with most of them being bought out by Whataburger. The one in Wake Forest is definitely going to be converted into a Cook Out since the Triangle Business Journal has an article on that purchase.

Is that just in the Triangle or Statewide?

Old 02-17-2024, 07:04 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Is that just in the Triangle or Statewide?
I believe it’s Statewide, they mentioned the PDQ restaurants in both NC and SC were closing. They didn’t mention what plans were for the original Tenders restaurant in Cornelius, or the locations at Charlotte-Douglas Int’l Airport and PNC Arena

Old 02-18-2024, 12:15 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Did Hardees ever own RR?
Yes, back in the early 90's Hardee's parent company Imasco purchased Roy Rogers from Marriott. The Roy Rogers locations in Northern Virginia were converted to Hardee's and failed miserably due to inferioir food quality and lack of brand recognition. The restaurants were converted back to Roy Rogers but were eventually sold to other competitors such as McDonald's. Only franchise owned Roy Rogers remained, and the largest Maryland franchisee purchased the brand and began slowly rebuilding up to today.

It was during this time of joint ownership that Hardee's introduced Roy Rogers fried chicken to their menu, as well as Roys fixins bar at select locations. I do not believe Roy's better quality roast beef was introduced at Hardees, as they maintained their own inferior version. Also during this period of co-ownership, Hardee's breakfast menu was retained at Roy Rogers after they returned to Roy Rogers branding and their lunch/dinner menu.

At one time Roy Rogers was very dominant in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and the Mid Atlantic region. The last surviving NC location was a franchise in Greensboro.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I believe it’s Statewide, they mentioned the PDQ restaurants in both NC and SC were closing. They didn’t mention what plans were for the original Tenders restaurant in Cornelius, or the locations at Charlotte-Douglas Int’l Airport and PNC Arena

They announced on the radio today that it was the last day for PDQ in Winston Salem. Darn shame.

Old 02-19-2024, 11:13 PM

276 posts, read 145,784 times
I was a big fan of Whataburger but I have not had it in a long time. My current favorite has to be Culvers and Burgerfi (best fries). For an inexpensive burger that's pretty decent Hwy 55 is pretty good. They opened a Dario nearby but have not had their burgers yet. I have also not had cookout... took nephews there once and just wasn't impressed with the look of the food so have never bothered trying it myself, plus always a line.

Also I was very surprised but the burger at Buffalo Wild Wings is really good. Don't much care for their wings, but that smash burger is delicious and you can get a nice cold beer with it unlike the other places.

Old 02-20-2024, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I was a big fan of Whataburger but I have not had it in a long time. My current favorite has to be Culvers and Burgerfi (best fries). For an inexpensive burger that's pretty decent Hwy 55 is pretty good. They opened a Dario nearby but have not had their burgers yet. I have also not had cookout... took nephews there once and just wasn't impressed with the look of the food so have never bothered trying it myself, plus always a line.

Also I was very surprised but the burger at Buffalo Wild Wings is really good. Don't much care for their wings, but that smash burger is delicious and you can get a nice cold beer with it unlike the other places.

I've never tried Culver's, the closest location is in Kernersville. I will have to check it out when I pass through on the way back home. I enjoyed BurgerFi, but they didn't last too long here in Greensboro.

Buffalo Wild Wings was known as BW3 when i was in college. They had one on campus, and I thought there burgers were very good. I liked the wings too. My issue with them is that they have locations in Winston, High Point, and Burlington, but have never had one here in Greensboro.

Old 02-20-2024, 08:03 AM

4,587 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Culver's is wonderful. Shake Shack quality and taste at reasonable prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina