Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 01:34 PM

1,260 posts, read 944,338 times

Advertisements

Just for some background 2 gay guys here.

I have another gay friend who I see here and there. He texted me asking if I wanted to hang out one particular weekend. I told him I couldn’t as I would be in San Francisco. He then responded “Oh I didn’t know you had someone there.” I was like “Naw I’m going for work but seeing friends while I’m there.”

Fast forward to a week later when I got back from SF. He texted me “So who is it that you have in SF?” I was like “I told you I went for work.”

We then met up a week after that to catch up over some drinks. He then said again to me “I didn’t know you had someone in SF.” I was like dude how many times do I have to tell you I don’t? I found it odd he kept asking and referring to that.

He then proceeded to ask me if I hooked up in SF which I told him yes, I did twice, and then he started talking about all the guys he’s been sleeping with, almost like it was a pissing contest?

Is it me or is this behavior weird?

Old 11-28-2022, 01:58 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Sounds like a normal guy who has romantic thoughts about you and is slightly jealous and trying to get your attention by inappropriate teasing.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:10 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
We understand that your body is a popular amusement park open to all, and talking about it brings you great joy, but let's be real here.

It's hard for most of us to relate to your "problems" because most of us tend to be private, monogamous and unwilling to have penetrative sex with total strangers. Therefore we are not likely to know the answer to your question. Isn't there some gay advice forum you could go to where people would be more impressed with your achievements?

Old 11-28-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
We understand that your body is a popular amusement park open to all, and talking about it brings you great joy, but let's be real here.

It's hard for most of us to relate to your "problems" because most of us tend to be private, monogamous and unwilling to have penetrative sex with total strangers. Therefore we are not likely to know the answer to your question. Isn't there some gay advice forum you could go to where people would be more impressed with your achievements?
Thanks for your response!

Old 11-28-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Sounds like a normal guy who has romantic thoughts about you and is slightly jealous and trying to get your attention by inappropriate teasing.
Yeah, I think what threw me off was how pointed the question was. Most people would ask "What are you going to DC for?"

But the assumption that I was going to DC because I have someone there, just seems very presumptuous and kind of out of nowhere? It's a strange way to frame it on his behalf.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:57 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post

He then proceeded to ask me if I hooked up in SF which I told him yes, I did twice, and then he started talking about all the guys he’s been sleeping with, almost like it was a pissing contest?

Is it me or is this behavior weird?
After all this whining that he seems presumptuous and overly curious about your travels, you turn around and sort of confirmed his prurient curiosity. Why??? That wasn't his business was it? Any fallout from that is on you OP.

Old 11-28-2022, 06:03 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
Let's nip this thread in the bud. Closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships