Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 11:28 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,299,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Worked many years at the same company, would give many folks I worked closely with dinner cards. Did the same when it was my birth day.
Than in april 2015 I got a hearth attack, was 9 weeks in the hospital and was not allowed to work anymore.
I am still waiting for the first get well card.....

It is a company that shouts about how everybody is family bla bla.....

Don't expect to much folks.....
Happens to everyone. You are not alone. Don't let it make you bitter and a Scrooge. Give without expectation. Know that even when humans are no where to be found, you are not alone.

Humans fail each other. Humans can be ungrateful, selfish, unkind. Give and love anyway. Don't be tempted to turn into the very humans you are disappointed in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 03:03 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Happens to everyone. You are not alone. Don't let it make you bitter and a Scrooge. Give without expectation. Know that even when humans are no where to be found, you are not alone.

Humans fail each other. Humans can be ungrateful, selfish, unkind. Give and love anyway. Don't be tempted to turn into the very humans you are disappointed in.

This is very true. I tend to be a very nice person and I like to do good and nice things for others. In saying that I am not a pushover so if someone comes to "expect" it from me and they "never" reciprocate I will not continue to be a door mat.

I love hearing about the anonymous givers. I think that is wonderful.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:07 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
This afternoon I got a text from a neighbor. She thanked me for thinking of her and her husband and leaving treats for their dogs and horses this morning. That would have been enough for me just knowing it was appreciated but on top of that she told be to go to my gate because she left perishables. I picked up a bag with a Christmas card, homemade candy and a homemade loaf bread. She also told me to come over anytime to talk gardening with her as I complimented her on her garden from the road view.

She also thanked me for being a good neighbor. Since I am very new here I still need to meet the spouses of the few neighbors I have met, lol.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:12 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,045,402 times
I spent the afternoon with my friend who, like me, is alone on Christmas. It was going to be tomorrow but big snow is predicted and we live about 10 miles apart. I brought her some nice fruit and some goodies.

She let me do a load of laundry and gave me a lovely homemade gift. And I got to play with her crazy cat.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:17 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,310,798 times
I have the sweetest coworker who doesn't make enough and is a single mom. Sometimes when we have parties I pay her way and she brings me lunch from home (packs one for each of us). We had a pot luck last week - did I mention she's studying for exams? She just had no money and no time to do anything. She and I went to the store and she was a big help in picking stuff out. We got some veggies for a platter and she helped wash them and cut them up. Worth it!! Plus I grabbed some rolls and between it all, the lines were blurred. We all ate and had a lot left over!

Old 12-24-2017, 04:30 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,598,575 times
Got some footballs and basketballs for the homeless shelter for families.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Old 12-24-2017, 05:57 PM

70 posts, read 50,356 times
Hmm.....doing nice things....

Does it count that I'm seemingly the emotional crutch for most of my female friends?

Kill me now.

In all seriousness, I volunteered at a Hindu temple over the weekend with construction. If I wasn't such a fitness freak, I'd be dead with all that heavy lifting in Canadian winters.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:05 PM

492 posts, read 630,757 times
A neighbor stopped by today with a can of popcorn and a sausage roll with a very nice Christmas card! Very nice!

Old 12-24-2017, 06:24 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,553,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Got some footballs and basketballs for the homeless shelter for families.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Good on you!

Old 12-25-2017, 05:42 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
I asked the Salvation Army kettle lady if I could buy her a cup of coffee. It was so cold out there. She asked for a cup of hot cocoa, so that’s what I got her at the nearby Starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships