Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:31 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,339,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamshot View Post
Think the answer to the OP's question looks something like this:
I'd elongate the rings over Long Island to where each successive ring currently is and then pull the blue ring equidistantly outward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 06:57 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,624,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBornDaddy View Post
Here are 50 reasons why I tolerate that NYC "attitude", besides the fact that I was born and raised here.

1) One Fish Two Fish on 97th and Madison
2) The view of Manhattan on the horizon as you return from a drive down south.
3) Mid December on Fifth Ave. looking into Rockefeller Plaza at the Christmas Tree with your family.
4) Jackson Hole on 85th and Columbus.
5) Nell's on West 14th St.
6) The aroma of peanuts roasting as you come out of the subway.
7) Some of the most beautiful women in the world.
8) 2 outs, bottom of the 9th, Yankee Stadium after somebody just hit the winning homerun.
9) The friendliest bartenders in the world.
10) McDonald's without mustard.
11) The best spanish food outside of Puerto Rico.
12) Orchard Beach in June
13) City Island on payday.
14) The Empire State Building.
15) Madison Square Garden.
16) Willie's Burgers on 145th st. and Eighth Ave.
17) Is there a better place for steak than Peter Luger?
18) Real Bagels
19) Bodegas
20) Empire Skates in Brooklyn
21) Brooklyn
22) Junior's Cheesecakes
23) White Castle's at 4:30 in the morning
24) Shea Stadium on Merengue Night.
25) The San Genaro Feast
26) The Roosevelt Island Tram
27) Oh my God, Central Park
28) The Bronx Zoo
29) Caroline's, Dangerfield's, Catch a Rising Star
30) The Port Authority Bowling Lanes after 9:00pm
31) Dallas BBQ's on 72nd st.
32) 7 miles of shoreline in The Rockaways.
33) The Copacabana
34) The Apollo
35) The Statue of Liberty
36) Washington Square Park
37) Rucker Park, home of "The GOAT".
38) You live in the birthplace of Hip Hop
39) Donald Trump isn't done yet.
40) Did I mention the women.
41) Some of the greatest people in the world live here.
42) Some cabbies are no longer scared to death of Black people.
43) The most unhealthy, best tasting Chinese food outside of China.
44) Coney Island
45) The Best, hands down Best, barbers in the country.
46) Street vendors as far as the eye can see.
47) Grand Central, Port Authority, LaGuardia and JFK Airports only minutes away.
48) Where else can you sit completely undisturbed enough to fall asleep on a crowded subway, and yet unable to sleep all alone in your own apartment?
49) Where else do complete strangers line up to give blood just because.
50) Once again, the women.

Need I say more?
New Yorkers are an extremely creative bunch. They change the world wherever they go.

New Yorkers do not know how much they miss New York, until they move out, several months later, they become miserable full of nostalgia, for the wonderful city left behind. You really compilled a fantastic list, but left out the arts and multitude of museums available, some of them FREE on Fridays, the free entertainment in the Subways, and around other parts of town. The fact that one does not need an automobile to travel, with the best transportation system in the world.......I can go on and on and on. I have moved several times, and always return because there is no other city in the world like New York City............

Old 07-16-2012, 08:34 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,699,091 times
I'm from the south where everyone is suppose to be nice, ha!! New York people are much nicer , at least to me

Old 11-02-2020, 08:59 PM

10 posts, read 3,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
The famous New York Attitude has an historical beginning. People use to complain about the attitude of the people in New York way back in the 1600s. It has developed over time. I actually feel and see it most in the suburbs and in the outer Boroughs. Queens, Long Island, Close In New Jersey and Staten Island. I think some of it comes from the Italian background of many of the people who have lived in New York for generations.

My question still stands.
Italian background??? Do you ask the people with attitude their ethnicity? I'm guessing you think any person with dark hair and eyes must be one of those "Jersey Shore" or "Sopranos" people lol. Italians are the last ethnicity to openingly bash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York