Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 02:21 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
What county are you in?..what counties are you looking at?
I'll never tell! Can't let the word get out.

Right now I'm still on the North Fork but the cidiots have made their way here in full force and turned everything upside down.
Which is normal between memorial day and labor day, but...this time they aint leaving.
Many have sold their homes in the city or the burbs and are staying here full time.

It's very sad. Locals are being chased out.
Some have been here for generations.
But these people don't care. Selfish arrogant scum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 05:23 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post

Right now I'm still on the North Fork but the cidiots have made their way here in full force and turned everything upside down.
Which is normal between memorial day and labor day, but...this time they aint leaving.
Many have sold their homes in the city or the burbs and are staying here full time.

Happening where I live too. The mayor pretends everyone thinks it's a great idea, but the reality is we live here to be away from that way of life, and we don't welcome it coming here.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:02 PM

961 posts, read 2,501,977 times
[quote=hotkarl;59055990]I'll never tell! Can't let the word get out.

Hey..don't hold back..tell us how you really feel...lol. On a more serious note, this move to suburbs/ rural areas is going on in other parts of the U.S. . Californians are overrunning all of the Rocky mtn states.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:24 PM

93,175 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:

Does this include Greenport too?

Old 09-01-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Does this include Greenport too?
That's Ground Zero.

The entire east end is under attack.
Although the Hamptons have pretty much been a poop show for a while now, the North Fork remained quiet and stable until recently.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:48 AM

93,175 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Here is a related article about NYC residents looking into rural real estate Upstate...

Rural real estate heats up as New York City dwellers face COVID-19 reality: https://www.pressconnects.com/story/...19/5632354002/

Old 09-03-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Here is a related article about NYC residents looking into rural real estate Upstate...

Rural real estate heats up as New York City dwellers face COVID-19 reality: https://www.pressconnects.com/story/...19/5632354002/
Jesus Christ there's no escaping these morons. It's really making me angry.
There's no place to run anymore.
That article is very disturbing.
Now I guess I gotta recalculate my move.
I don’t want to move and have the same thing happen and have to move AGAIN.
It'd be one thing if they assimilate but they never do. They come in like a hornets nest and try to change everything.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:33 AM

The buyers from the metro area that are looking upstate are primarily in 1 of 3 groups. Those able and looking to completely relocate, those looking for a weekend (bugout) retreat, and those looking for a more rural location ..but still need to commute to the metro area part or all of the work week. The southern tier (whose counties I defined in an earlier post) is at a MINIMUM..a 2 1/2 to 4 hour drive to the outer edge of the metro area..depending on time of day, weather...etc. Its my understanding, that these folks in the 3rd group see a 2 to 2 1/2 hour commute as the Max within their relocation plans. This factor keeps some of the buying pressure off this area.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:57 AM

I wish they would all just go to Jersey or Connecticut or wherever. I'm gun shy at this point. I've moved twice to escape the cidiots and got screwed both times.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:15 PM

Default same..same?

Quote:
I wish they would all just go to Jersey or Connecticut or wherever. I'm gun shy at this point. I've moved twice to escape the cidiots and got screwed both times.
I understand your concern over NYC types overrunning/changing (negatively) the areas they move to. But if you were to "escape" the North Fork (L.I. ?) to some area upstate...isin't that just doing what these people are also doing? Enlighten me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York