Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 12:39 PM

93,182 posts, read 123,783,345 times

Advertisements

Here is a great website: Innovation Trail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 06:53 PM

275 posts, read 792,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Here is a great website: Innovation Trail
I've been seeing commercials down here in FL (mostly on FNC) advertising what the commercial calls "The New New York State". The commercial highlights the new technology businesses and new small businesses in general. One gets the assumption from the commercial that NYS has been offering tax breaks to promote new business. My question is this: Is the commercial overhyping new business development in the state? Or are things finally beginning to turn around economically in NYS. Is the Cuomo administration really trying to lure new business with tax incentives? From an outsider viewpoint with native NY roots, it seems that NYS has never offered tax incentives on a large scale before. Is this the beginning of something good? Or, will this fizzle out in the end? While I would be hopeful, I would think that unless the tax incentives are really generous and long-lasting, it wouldn't be enough to lure enough new business to bring NY back to its heyday.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoyankee View Post
I've been seeing commercials down here in FL (mostly on FNC) advertising what the commercial calls "The New New York State". The commercial highlights the new technology businesses and new small businesses in general. One gets the assumption from the commercial that NYS has been offering tax breaks to promote new business. My question is this: Is the commercial overhyping new business development in the state? Or are things finally beginning to turn around economically in NYS. Is the Cuomo administration really trying to lure new business with tax incentives? From an outsider viewpoint with native NY roots, it seems that NYS has never offered tax incentives on a large scale before. Is this the beginning of something good? Or, will this fizzle out in the end? While I would be hopeful, I would think that unless the tax incentives are really generous and long-lasting, it wouldn't be enough to lure enough new business to bring NY back to its heyday.
It seems to be happening to some degree, but it could be better. I think there are some startups that are offered incentives to grow and stay in NY and the same with such companies that are still here.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoyankee View Post
We are seeing the same type of commercials here in Virginia which is funny because we are in the top 10 for best buisness climates.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 AM

Innovation Trail

Old 04-10-2013, 08:47 AM

79 posts, read 226,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
We are seeing the same type of commercials here in Virginia which is funny because we are in the top 10 for best buisness climates.
The only difference is the high cost of living in Upstate NY but ckhthankgod can offset that with the saving from wear and tear on his car.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 AM

79 posts, read 226,379 times
Thanks to ckhthankgod for posting another great job opportunity in Syracuse.
4246Linen & Uniform Apparel - Restroom & Floorcare Services - AmeriPride(Syracuse)

Post number 62 in his thread
Upstate NY job openings......

Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 AM

506 posts, read 1,025,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonMassSAHM View Post
Thanks to ckhthankgod for posting another great job opportunity in Syracuse.
4246Linen & Uniform Apparel - Restroom & Floorcare Services - AmeriPride(Syracuse)

Post number 62 in his thread
Upstate NY job openings......
Is someone making you read these posts? Do you really need to bash ckh constantly because they don't share your views on NY State? There may actually be people interested in employment opportunities in NY. I don't see anything wrong with debating on this forum, but now, in my opinion, it has gotten to the point that you and others are just attacking anything that ckh posts.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exupstateny View Post
Is someone making you read these posts? Do you really need to bash ckh constantly because they don't share your views on NY State? There may actually be people interested in employment opportunities in NY. I don't see anything wrong with debating on this forum, but now, in my opinion, it has gotten to the point that you and others are just attacking anything that ckh posts.
I agree attack the topic not the poster.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exupstateny View Post
That is the shtick of the poster who has been banned dozens of times for trolling and stalking people on these forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York