Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:

A bag is a bag only when it acts like a bag.

Let's take this train of thought a step further.

Who are the folks buying the bags? Commoners? No big deal. It's only a knock off. Find them everywhere not just Canal.

Who are the folks buying the bags and what might be in the bags that would compel someone to run for dear life ?
Hmmm..

Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM

16,122 posts, read 6,878,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Thankyou,
What a great video and what a great song.
Definitely a good example of what the 90's
on weekends with the Mrs. and company
were like.

I love the horns in this song...........
Hahahaha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

16,122 posts, read 6,878,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hmmm..
Question everything. Trust nothing.............

Old Today, 08:00 AM

8,096 posts, read 7,464,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koctail View Post
... This seemed way over the top and unnecessarily put the public at risk. I felt like one of the sellers running away might start shooting a gun or something.

Grandstanding at it's finest?!
Let me get this straight -- you expected fleeing criminals to start shooting at cops, when their crime was selling fake designer bags and blocking the sidewalk?

You assume these guys are armed with illegal guns, not to mention probably being illegals themselves, and you're questioning the City's motivation for the crackdown?

Old Today, 08:15 AM

25 posts, read 3,747 times
Theatre. Meanwhile, preferred criminals run rampant.

Old Today, 09:59 AM

21,942 posts, read 13,012,431 times
I dunno; maybe because it's stolen merchandise? Although I didn't think that mattered anymore...

Old Today, 10:23 AM

21,953 posts, read 9,537,615 times
Quote:
Was walking around Canal st. last Sunday and was startled with police chasing after folks selling fake designer handbags. Probably around a dozen sellers running for their lives through a busy sidewalk and dropping their merchandise all over the ground. Saw two cops running to chase after them and picking up some of their dropped bags .

Really, who cares about that stuff? Canal st. is full of stores selling fake merchandise, not just handbags. My kid bought some fake pokemon cards, a fake Ronaldo T-shirt and a fake Ronaldo poster. This seemed way over the top and unnecessarily put the public at risk. I felt like one of the sellers running away might start shooting a gun or something.

Buying from these people supports terrorism and human trafficking. It's not a victimless crime.

Old Today, 10:33 AM

543 posts, read 715,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Let me get this straight -- you expected fleeing criminals to start shooting at cops, when their crime was selling fake designer bags and blocking the sidewalk?

You assume these guys are armed with illegal guns, not to mention probably being illegals themselves, and you're questioning the City's motivation for the crackdown?
If you corner a dog, it will bite. Seems the cops were cornering folks so that is why I was worried about some out of hand response...

Old Today, 10:54 AM

1,075 posts, read 551,484 times
Quote:
If you corner a dog, it will bite. Seems the cops were cornering folks so that is why I was worried about some out of hand response...
You're not really helping your argument.

Old Today, 01:57 PM

37,647 posts, read 46,061,169 times
Quote:
Was walking around Canal st. last Sunday and was startled with police chasing after folks selling fake designer handbags. Probably around a dozen sellers running for their lives through a busy sidewalk and dropping their merchandise all over the ground. Saw two cops running to chase after them and picking up some of their dropped bags .

Really, who cares about that stuff? Canal st. is full of stores selling fake merchandise, not just handbags. My kid bought some fake pokemon cards, a fake Ronaldo T-shirt and a fake Ronaldo poster. This seemed way over the top and unnecessarily put the public at risk. I felt like one of the sellers running away might start shooting a gun or something.

They have been cracking down on these sellers for years. The actual designers are the ones that care the most, and rightly so. I am amazed that people were not aware that selling fake designer goods is illegal.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/supe...y?id=109344382

https://www.pursebop.com/the-danger-...designer-bags/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: