Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2024, 03:40 PM

27 posts, read 17,148 times

Advertisements

Catholic schools in NYC

Hi,

Can anyone comment on the Catholic Schools in Manhattan? How are the academics, sports, arts, extra curricular, etc. Where do families tend to live? We have daughters just FYI.

We’re looking into Epiphany on 22nd & 28th St, Notre Dame High School, Dominican Academy, Loyola, and Academy of St Joseph in the West Village.

Academy of St Joseph is more expensive for K-8 and the enrollment is quite low. Wondering what’s going on there.

Loyola is the only co-ed school we’re looking into, however it’s way more expensive than the others so I’m not sure if the price is worth it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 06:37 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
I am sorry I can not help you with Catholic Scools in Manhattan.

I attended a Vocational School but friends who went to Catholic schools in Queens
turned out to be quite successful in life.

Best wishes.

Old 03-06-2024, 05:49 PM

600 posts, read 2,090,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyFamily View Post
Catholic schools in NYC

Hi,

Can anyone comment on the Catholic Schools in Manhattan? How are the academics, sports, arts, extra curricular, etc. Where do families tend to live? We have daughters just FYI.

We’re looking into Epiphany on 22nd & 28th St, Notre Dame High School, Dominican Academy, Loyola, and Academy of St Joseph in the West Village.

Academy of St Joseph is more expensive for K-8 and the enrollment is quite low. Wondering what’s going on there.

Loyola is the only co-ed school we’re looking into, however it’s way more expensive than the others so I’m not sure if the price is worth it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I've know girls who went to Dominican Academy and they has a great experience: a solid liberal arts education and lots of opportunities. Affordable by Manhattan standards and a decent socio-economic mix by Manhattan private school standards

Old 03-25-2024, 02:49 AM

27 posts, read 17,148 times
Thank you for responding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City