Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 08:23 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,247,052 times

Advertisements

After my mortgage & HOA checks were stolen out of the street box in the Bronx in 2019, I refuse to even use the boxes outside USPS. Strictly indoors only. Whole other errand to add to the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 01:57 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,789,649 times
There are serious identity crime networks operating by not just mail theft but stealing or robbing someone's phone and then transfer money out of the accts. Many of those arrested are migrants and working with rings in South America that help them hack into phones then draining the accts using all their apps.

Women should never carry purses in NYC to keep their money or valuables. It is so easy for a 10 yr old to use an e-scooter and just pull the purse from behind and take off. Even if the cops arrest them, the money has already been drained out and the migrants are let go due to loopholes and Alvin Braggs being who he is.

Old 03-13-2024, 08:04 PM

15,650 posts, read 15,789,569 times
Lol - for a second I thought you were posting that the mailboxes had been stolen.

Well, there are a few possible solutions. Did you ask if they're doing something instead?

Old 05-27-2024, 10:24 AM

4,212 posts, read 4,129,950 times
This holiday morning there was a piece of cardboard in the mail slot of the mail box in front of the Glen Oaks, Queens post office. It looked like a piece of mail stuck in the slot so I went to see if I could push it through and it had a strong adhesive holding it in place. I know thieves fish out mail using adhesive but I also wondered if the post office put it there so people couldn't use the mail box during the long holiday weekend. I'm leaning to it being an attempt to steal mail though. It's the white thing sticking out from the mail slot below the orange paint.

Old 05-27-2024, 10:58 AM

12,445 posts, read 8,244,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
This holiday morning there was a piece of cardboard in the mail slot of the mail box in front of the Glen Oaks, Queens post office. It looked like a piece of mail stuck in the slot so I went to see if I could push it through and it had a strong adhesive holding it in place. I know thieves fish out mail using adhesive but I also wondered if the post office put it there so people couldn't use the mail box during the long holiday weekend. I'm leaning to it being an attempt to steal mail though. It's the white thing sticking out from the mail slot below the orange paint.
Thieves using adhesive rat traps is a technique the US Postal Inspectors tell us to look for should we get a collection route.

Old Today, 11:19 AM

15,887 posts, read 14,576,570 times
I can't remember the last time I mailed anything, let alone a paper check. Everything is paid electronically now. If i have to mail paper, I use the mail drop in my building's mailbox. It's behind the building's locked doors (double locked and unbuzzable at night), and under video surveillance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: