Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2024, 04:43 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Police do not prosecute

This is why its sad people are allowed to vote without a proper education
Define "proper education"

Lol

Like you complain a lot for someone who does not live within the confines of NYC, you dont think?

Like I told you, you keep clapping it up for NYC's demise, I want to see how you will eat after that

I've had enough of the denouncing and you don't even live here

You're on the teat, don't complain there's no chocolate or strawberry milk today

I know that one is lost on you

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2024, 06:19 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Police do not prosecute

This is why its sad people are allowed to vote without a proper education
I listed a chain of events. Show up, arrest, prosecute. All directed at the criminal justice system chain.

Let's just chalk this up to the written word being inherently difficult at times. We don't have to result to belittling people over reading\writing. It's kinda funny actually to be told I don't have a proper education.

P.S. One of my friends was a DA, and a couple have been police officers.

Old 01-23-2024, 06:28 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Define "proper education"

Lol

Like you complain a lot for someone who does not live within the confines of NYC, you dont think?

Like I told you, you keep clapping it up for NYC's demise, I want to see how you will eat after that

I've had enough of the denouncing and you don't even live here

You're on the teat, don't complain there's no chocolate or strawberry milk today

I know that one is lost on you
It's ok, being told I don't have a proper education is probably the funniest thing I've read this week. People may not agree with me but after decades in an intense STEM field and a penchant for reading and history that ones a real cherry lmao.

NYC seems to do a generally better job than a lot of large cities....just based on raw data. I lived in Chicago and have many dear friends and family there and THEY have problems.

I respect the pragmatism of New Yorkers. Just look at the migrant crisis. NY Mayor is calling out the root cause, the Chicago Mayor is simping to the party and not taking care of their city.

Old 01-23-2024, 06:44 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I listed a chain of events. Show up, arrest, prosecute. All directed at the criminal justice system chain.

Let's just chalk this up to the written word being inherently difficult at times. We don't have to result to belittling people over reading\writing. It's kinda funny actually to be told I don't have a proper education.

P.S. One of my friends was a DA, and a couple have been police officers.
I’m pretty sure that comment was aimed at the general NYC electorate. Not you.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-23-2024, 06:58 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,465,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’m pretty sure that comment was aimed at the general NYC electorate. Not you.
Correct

Old 01-23-2024, 07:00 PM

Quote:

Like I told you, you keep clapping it up for NYC's demise
Where have I "Clapped it up" for NYC demise? I want NYC to get better.

Show me a few instances, or even just one, where I cheer for NYC to go downhill?

I simply call out the silliness

Old 01-23-2024, 07:53 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
Same. NYC is a cash cow. My pension and both of my jobs rely on a strong NYC. I’ll just never live there again.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-23-2024, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Where have I "Clapped it up" for NYC demise? I want NYC to get better.

Show me a few instances, or even just one, where I cheer for NYC to go downhill?

I simply call out the silliness
Well maybe a better approach would be to call out the silliness to your local officials

Oops I forgot

You don't live here

Old 01-23-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Same. NYC is a cash cow. My pension and both of my jobs rely on a strong NYC. I’ll just never live there again.
It's like having an ex-girlfriend as a best friend, lol

Old 01-23-2024, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Well maybe a better approach would be to call out the silliness to your local officials

Oops I forgot

You don't live here
I work in NYC and most of my immediate and extended family lives in the Bronx. Arguably my feet are in the Bronx more than at home.

I have a vested interest in NYC flourishing which is why I call out the silliness. I've explained this to you many times but you keep going back to "But you don't live here!" argument. It's old.

Still don't see a direct link for an example of where I am calling for NYC to fail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City