Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 01:30 PM

544 posts, read 938,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Start what? Just because a few people are upset with the current state of affairs doesn't mean they have to come on this forum to take out their frustrations. The apartment will most likely sell, everything has a price. Most of the Bronx today reminds me of Brooklyn in the 1980s. Look at Brooklyn now.

For a set of people that supposedly want to see improvement, it sure doesn't seem that way by some of the posts. And if you don't want to see improvement, why bother spreading negative energy around?

Both of my parents (1st gen Americans) were born and raised in the Bronx. All I ever heard was how beautiful it once was. One thing my PR uncle would say is that the Bronx would someday return to its former glory. In my heart, I believe this to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 01:36 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
Both of my parents (1st gen Americans) were born and raised in the Bronx. All I ever heard was how beautiful it once was. One thing my PR uncle would say is that the Bronx would someday return to its former glory. In my heart, I believe this to be true.
I believe it will too. I am liking the changes I've seen in the Bronx over the past 10 years. Unless people want to go back to the days of dodging discarded car tires on those step streets, I don't see the issue.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-10-2024, 02:03 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,594,725 times
Quote:
I believe it will too. I am liking the changes I've seen in the Bronx over the past 10 years. Unless people want to go back to the days of dodging discarded car tires on those step streets, I don't see the issue.
Parts of the Bronx like Mott Haven will definitely see improvement, but Fordham is a pretty different situation

Old 01-10-2024, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Parts of the Bronx like Mott Haven will definitely see improvement, but Fordham is a pretty different situation
Whats the difference?

Old 01-10-2024, 03:09 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,594,725 times
Quote:
Whats the difference?
Distance from Manhattan, and there was/is much more vacant or industrial land in the Southernmost part of The Bronx for luxury apartments to be built.

Old 01-10-2024, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Distance from Manhattan, and there was/is much more vacant or industrial land in the Southernmost part of The Bronx for luxury apartments to be built.
Foamposite right again for $800
Pick your next category

Old 01-11-2024, 12:05 AM

3,765 posts, read 4,099,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
My father lived in NYC in the late 1940s. He told me many times that back then the Bronx was the most beautiful part of the city and the most desirable residential area. The South Bronx has already started to come back and will stimulate more residential development

Old 01-11-2024, 07:30 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
The South Bronx has already started to come back and will stimulate more residential development
Are we taking into account all the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of migrants pouring into the city and the great number of residents fleeing? There might be "residential development," but I'm not sure that will be "a comeback."

Old 01-11-2024, 07:34 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2024/01/09/real-e...or-just-99900/

A chance at homeownership for somebody
I'm telling my son about this. He and 2 friends split a very tight, apartment in Bushwick Brookyn for $2700 a month.

Beautiful art deco lobby in this building. This is a steel for someone.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:51 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
My father lived in NYC in the late 1940s. He told me many times that back then the Bronx was the most beautiful part of the city and the most desirable residential area. The South Bronx has already started to come back and will stimulate more residential development
It was beautiful. Elegant art deco buildings, good transportation, to Manhattan or upstate. Many professionals, middle class, and working people. The Botanical Gardens, Poe Park,
the zoo, the beach. There were also neighborhoods of private homes. In many ways, it is more convenient than Brooklyn.

My family is from the Bronx on both sides. I lived there for the first five years of my life.

The Bronx gets a bad rap, and I think it will return to be a place to raise a family. My hope is that it doesn't become ultra-expensive and unaffordable, the way so much of the city has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: