Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 10:55 AM

2,611 posts, read 1,205,579 times

Advertisements

I have heard many say dating in NYC sucks. I know there's many options, so the odds of getting a date are good, but the goods are odd.

NYC dating app jerk offers to ‘casually’ stay in touch until woman loses weight

Quote:
A 34-year-old NYC woman recently went on a first date with a man she met on the dating app Hinge — only to receive outrageous texts the next morning from the clueless cad rating her looks and commenting on her weight, and somehow thinking the unwanted critique would land him a second date.

“I was expecting to date the woman from the photos — happy to casually stay in touch until the weight is gone and then we can see,” the 45-year-old financier wrote.

“Shallow Hal” unabashedly rated her face, personality and sexual compatibility on a scale of 1 to 10 — giving her personality a 10, face a 10 and sexual compatibility a 5.

“But can get to 8.5 with some convincing and open-mindedness,” he generously offered.
This is the woman:

Quote:
“In the first five minutes, he told me he was seven figures in debt,” she said. “And that’s why he wanted a woman who was financially independent.”

He threw her for a loop by confiding in her that he’d beaten cancer — but then followed by asking her if she’d consider a threesome.

“He was incredibly brazen and upfront with what he was looking for,” she said.

And he was offensively superficial too.

“He told me about his furniture from Restoration Hardware and showed me pictures of his current and previous apartment,” she said. “And told me how much he pays in rent.”

Despite his morning-after complaint about her weight and that her dating profile photo did not match her current look, during the date he kept complimenting her.

“He kept saying how beautiful I was,” MC recalled. “He even was playing with my hair.”

MC already knew it would be their first — and last — encounter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2023, 04:07 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
This is hilarious. Glad some people have humor still.
And here is a message from Slick Rick.
https://youtu.be/bt9gAqE0cho?si=EwGNwc8x78CGBvBu

Old 11-13-2023, 06:48 PM

2,611 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
This is hilarious. Glad some people have humor still.
And here is a message from Slick Rick.
https://youtu.be/bt9gAqE0cho?si=EwGNwc8x78CGBvBu
I honestly thought you were linking this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW2qi_V1gw8

Old 11-13-2023, 08:21 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Cute dog.

No joke.

Old 11-14-2023, 05:53 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I have heard many say dating in NYC sucks. I know there's many options, so the odds of getting a date are good, but the goods are odd.

NYC dating app jerk offers to ‘casually’ stay in touch until woman loses weight

This is the woman:

What a beautiful woman. How can I quickly make this assumption?
Easily. She's a dog lover and dog lovers are beautiful people.

Old 11-14-2023, 06:30 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Pretty lady with a sweet pooch. What’s not to like?

100 x Lol at the guy mentioning a 7 digit debt. Nobel for fail, lol.

Old 11-14-2023, 08:40 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
She’s lonely that’s why she has a dog. That’s another way of looking at it.
Listen, there is no way to put it but, if you can’t take care of your body and don’t have the will power to put down a burger that spills over to so many other things.
Unless there is a serious medical issue, in which case that should be dealt with as soon as possible. Not saying you have to be 95 lbs. but if you are pushing 170 plus, shape up, for your own sake it not for others.

Old 11-14-2023, 09:23 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,373,369 times
Lucky woman, she can just move on.

Old 11-14-2023, 10:08 AM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times

I'd lose about 200 lbs right off the bat by blocking him everywhere.

Old 11-14-2023, 11:47 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
People are very misleading on apps. Having old photos up or very photo shopped. Happened to me before. You are literally starting off with a lie before you ever meet. I would not date someone just for that. No reason you can't change a photo every few months. You like an old photo of you because it's somewhere cool, fine keep that up but put of a few current photos so people know what you look like now.

As far as appearance, people like what they like. People are attracted to what certain things. Let's not pretend everyone doesn't prefer certain things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: