Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 06:26 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I can’t believe such a mediocre food joint has such hype all around it.

good food joint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2023, 06:53 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,677,142 times
CFA is just fake restaurant quality food. They pretend you're in a restaurant getting table side service but the food is just bland and southern low quality food. They used to give you a huge box of waffle fries now it's barely full. Also in the past you could've taken a bunch of sauces and now they only give you 2 or else you have to pay for the sauces. A lot of cost cutting while the food has gone up in price. The quality actually has tanked at CFA.

I ordered a peachy shake and it came out runny and warm. I asked them to make me a new one and it was barely any better. I realized that they didn't use much ice cream in it and just stirred it. Weak.

Old 11-09-2023, 07:26 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,893,417 times
i have no problem with CFA.. i just HATE the 3rd ave 86th st location. they never get it right. lines too long.

Old 11-09-2023, 09:58 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Actually the hate has a lot more to do with supporting anti-LGBTQ causes and statements on such by the founder/CEO.....

And it's in Marble Hill, so while on the Bronx "mainland" technically it's in northermost Manhattan. Read up on that weird quirk of geography....
I used to live about a 15 minute walk from here in the Bronx.
Once I took super shuttle home from Newark airport for either 20 or 25 dollars which was the price ANYWHERE in Manhattan. But to go to the Bronx would have been maybe 75 dollars or so. So I had them drop me off right before the bridge on Broadway in what's technically Manhattan and walked.

The hate always amused me. I'm as anti religion as it gets. But I like their food and their service. I've had people tell me they won't go to place X because of their politics. Meanwhile they all use devices made with literal sweatshop (at best) labor so their high and mighty attitudes amuse me.

Old 11-09-2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
CFA is just fake restaurant quality food. They pretend you're in a restaurant getting table side service but the food is just bland and southern low quality food. They used to give you a huge box of waffle fries now it's barely full. Also in the past you could've taken a bunch of sauces and now they only give you 2 or else you have to pay for the sauces. A lot of cost cutting while the food has gone up in price. The quality actually has tanked at CFA.

I ordered a peachy shake and it came out runny and warm. I asked them to make me a new one and it was barely any better. I realized that they didn't use much ice cream in it and just stirred it. Weak.
How many sauces can you possibly use for one sandwich? It's not like their sauces come in taco bell size packets. That complaint just makes you sound like a crap customer impossible to please.

Nobody is pretending you're in some restaurant that isn't fast food. Kind of strange to act like good service in a fast food place is a bad thing.
There are PLENTY of FF places with lousy service that are filthy. Perhaps once of those would be more to your liking.

If you just don't like their food that's perfectly understandable but the stuff you're complaining about is pretty funny.

Old 11-10-2023, 03:01 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Dave, what's your go to for a chicken sandwich? The Chik-Fil-A closest to me stays crowded.
For a chicken sandwhich? Even shake shack has a better chicken sandwich. But I do want a real good one, there are a few joints around me that have them that are in a 15-19 dollar range and you get a proper chicken sandwich.
I’m a bit surprise that we don’t have anything that resembles Hattie b in Nashville, but it’s not a huge loss.

Old 11-10-2023, 07:24 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,677,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
How many sauces can you possibly use for one sandwich? It's not like their sauces come in taco bell size packets. That complaint just makes you sound like a crap customer impossible to please.

Nobody is pretending you're in some restaurant that isn't fast food. Kind of strange to act like good service in a fast food place is a bad thing.
There are PLENTY of FF places with lousy service that are filthy. Perhaps once of those would be more to your liking.

If you just don't like their food that's perfectly understandable but the stuff you're complaining about is pretty funny.
The sauce packet is for dipping fries. How long have you've been to CFA? Not many I bet. I've been there for more than a decade and they've got plenty of sauces freely pick up. If my preference to dip as much as I want that's my preference not yours.

My point is that they've degraded their service and quality a lot in recent years while the prices have got up a lot.

I rarely go anymore because there are much better options in NYC and I don't need to put up with the lines of people who still go.

Old 11-10-2023, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
The sauce packet is for dipping fries. How long have you've been to CFA? Not many I bet. I've been there for more than a decade and they've got plenty of sauces freely pick up. If my preference to dip as much as I want that's my preference not yours.

My point is that they've degraded their service and quality a lot in recent years while the prices have got up a lot.

I rarely go anymore because there are much better options in NYC and I don't need to put up with the lines of people who still go.
I've gone to CFA for close to 10 years mostly in Pennsylvania and Maryland. I've been to the one on 86th Street once or twice.
I've never had a problem with service in any of them. I don't like their fries though. I like their chicken and will occasionally get a chocolate shake.

You can prefer 73 dipping sauces if you want you're just gonna have to pay for them after a reasonable amount which seems fair to me.

Yes their costs are up in the last couple of years . I totally disagree with them on degrading their service but I'll check this new one out this weekend and see if its.up to par.

Old 11-10-2023, 08:13 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,221,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Actually the hate has a lot more to do with supporting anti-LGBTQ causes and statements on such by the founder/CEO.....

And it's in Marble Hill, so while on the Bronx "mainland" technically it's in northermost Manhattan. Read up on that weird quirk of geography....
Spot on, this is in Manhattan. Fake news.

Old 11-10-2023, 11:08 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Lol@ thinking this is mediocre by fast food standards.
Additionally service is always great and the restaurants are always clean.

Nobody claims it's high end dining.
Exactly right. This isn't high end dining, but it borders on the absurd to claim that Chick-fil-a is mediocre when it comes to fast food, which is what the comparison is here.

I particularly enjoy a spicy chicken deluxe meal from there. Their mac 'n' cheese is very tasty as well. And don't get me started on the chocolate shakes

I remember when the only way to get Chick-fil-a in NYC was to have access to the NYU food court, where they had a very small operation and limited service. Glad to see the chain continue to expand in NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: