Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 08:43 PM

5,681 posts, read 2,612,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Same people complaining about bad neighborhoods apparently don't want them to get better
Sorry but the HUB is done already
IMO it's at early 2000s Downtown Brooklyn levels now
I had the pleasure of visiting the area this summer
The HUB is trashy as hell. It's full of drug addicts and a bunch of chain fast food places and cheap stores. Nothing of quality and nothing close to downtown Brooklyn. Don't be lying to the people. This is my hood, I'm there everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2023, 08:17 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
The HUB is trashy as hell. It's full of drug addicts and a bunch of chain fast food places and cheap stores. Nothing of quality and nothing close to downtown Brooklyn. Don't be lying to the people. This is my hood, I'm there everyday.
Lol, what do you think Downtown Brooklyn was in the early 2000s? That's exactly what I'm comparing it to. Downtown BK was the same thing early 2000s, drug addicts and fast food. It was still dangerous to walk on some of those side streets with shopping bags after sundown. Aside from Macys, Downtown BK had no other major retail shopping. A bunch of sneaker and jewelry stores. Look at Downtown BK now. It's not so farfetched anymore to say that change is coming to the South Bronx and the Hub. You're there every day like you said. You don't see all the luxury building that's going on? What I meant by saying The Hub is done means that change is coming. It's inevitable.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-21-2023, 08:45 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
whoomp! there it is!

I DO see the comparisons to Downtown Brooklyn. DB, still has plenty of urban dept stores, so its quite a possibilty, the Hub turns into DB part 2
These retailers know they can't set up shop in the South Bronx yet, because it hasn't ARRIVED. People there don't have much disposable income.
I will say, I like the changes that are slowly starting to be made. 3rd avenue seems to be more residental. I predict A LOT of fires "suddenly" happening in the South Bronx, in The Hub

Old 10-21-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
whoomp! there it is!

I will say, I like the changes that are slowly starting to be made. 3rd avenue seems to be going fully residental. I predict A LOT of fires "suddenly" happening in the South Bronx, in The Hub
Nahh, setting fires isn't going to be a new thing. FDNY and DOB will come out and if the building is severely damaged, they'll slap a vacate order on the building and you'll wind up having to possibly demolish the whole thing before they remove the vacate order. Better off just demoing it anyway if you're going to build something new. Response times are better nowadays too, good luck on seeing anything pre-war in the Bronx burnt to a crisp, it just won't happen due to FDNY response time and the construction class/fire ratings of the buildings.

Old 10-21-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Nahh, setting fires isn't going to be a new thing. FDNY and DOB will come out and if the building is severely damaged, they'll slap a vacate order on the building and you'll wind up having to possibly demolish the whole thing before they remove the vacate order. Better off just demoing it anyway if you're going to build something new. Response times are better nowadays too, good luck on seeing anything pre-war in the Bronx burnt to a crisp, it just won't happen due to FDNY response time and the construction class/fire ratings of the buildings.
nope. they're still burning down buildings to a crisp. don't let all that fool you

Old 10-21-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
nope. they're still burning down buildings to a crisp. don't let all that fool you
Well put us on then

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 10-21-2023 at 06:08 PM..

Old 10-22-2023, 01:43 AM

313 posts, read 212,678 times
I predict from Mott Haven to the Hub to 161 st by Yankee Stadium will gentrify. They'll start out in pockets and then connect in the future.

Old 10-22-2023, 05:32 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,127,442 times
I’d rather see it gentrify, than see it gently fry.

Old 10-22-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Well put us on then
don't need to. you'll see for yourselves

Old 10-22-2023, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerNYC View Post
I predict from Mott Haven to the Hub to 161 st by Yankee Stadium will gentrify. They'll start out in pockets and then connect in the future.
port morris in mott haven has caucasions there already, and they've been there for quite some time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: