Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 01:22 AM

2,471 posts, read 2,769,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Thank. Good to know.
Meanwhile the OP hasn't responded to anything . Always wonder about that.
Like everywhere else, change happens at least on the visual level.

I actually wanted to circle back to the flooding issue. So the 2nd hurricane in august/September 2021, I was actually in Edgewater for it and parked in one of the parking lots. Like many of areas of TN, the sewers backed up. My car was a total loss, water up over the hood - water line inside was mid point of the dash board. (It was an Infiniti). Interestingly enough, the cars on either side of me, older, started right up when the water receded. My electronics were fried. In that situation, Edgewaters topography wasn’t at play. Even my family on the sea wall didn’t get hit with a storm surge (which is what usually causes the flooding in parts of Edgewater).

It is true there are several homes in the water front that are/were a loss after Sandy. But that’s every “good storm” basically. I can remember the Nor’easter around 1993ish- my grandfather ( also along the sea wall) woke up to a boat in his living room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 36 times
Red face Edgewater is changing

[quote=bluedog2;64344233]I think there are old threads Re Edgewater...or at least extensive discussions of Edgewater within other old threads if you search this site.

“If you didn't "look" right they would tell you that you couldn't get in without the 3 recommendations and leave it at that.”

“Things might be more open these days ( especially when in law enforcement because law enforcement is a large percentage of owners) but my guess is that it's not much more open..”

So to become a member of Edgewater you need 3 letter of recommendation from any residents. It applies to EVERYONE NOT JUST NONWHITE PEOPLE. I should know. My sis and I have been born and raised here when it was time for her and her husband to get a house of course they choose the Edge. Even though she’s lived here for all 30 years of her life, and our neighbor is on the board She still had to get letters of recommendation. The president of the board who watched us grow up has the same criteria for people who were looking to buy us from inside Edgewater as they do on the outside. Additionally I’ll say edgewater’s racism problem has gone down. A lot of the old heads aren’t coming out as much as they’re older and sicker or have moved to Florida since then. It’s a pretty cool community right now. And im able to say this as I am a Hispanic female who grew up here seen some jerky behavior because I was Hispanic. I’m not saying Edgewater is perfect. We have raccoons it floods sometimes there’s weird ass people here. But the requirements to get in the same for EVERYBODY.

And it takes awhile If you wanna be at your house in August, I suggest you start now. Because my sister her in August didn’t get it till October because all the paperwork she had to push through with Edgewater It takes a while, which is frustrating

Old Today, 06:27 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,769,969 times
[quote=Lazy-Big-L;66695451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I think there are old threads Re Edgewater...or at least extensive discussions of Edgewater within other old threads if you search this site.

“If you didn't "look" right they would tell you that you couldn't get in without the 3 recommendations and leave it at that.”

“Things might be more open these days ( especially when in law enforcement because law enforcement is a large percentage of owners) but my guess is that it's not much more open..”

So to become a member of Edgewater you need 3 letter of recommendation from any residents. It applies to EVERYONE NOT JUST NONWHITE PEOPLE. I should know. My sis and I have been born and raised here when it was time for her and her husband to get a house of course they choose the Edge. Even though she’s lived here for all 30 years of her life, and our neighbor is on the board She still had to get letters of recommendation. The president of the board who watched us grow up has the same criteria for people who were looking to buy us from inside Edgewater as they do on the outside. Additionally I’ll say edgewater’s racism problem has gone down. A lot of the old heads aren’t coming out as much as they’re older and sicker or have moved to Florida since then. It’s a pretty cool community right now. And im able to say this as I am a Hispanic female who grew up here seen some jerky behavior because I was Hispanic. I’m not saying Edgewater is perfect. We have raccoons it floods sometimes there’s weird ass people here. But the requirements to get in the same for EVERYBODY.

And it takes awhile If you wanna be at your house in August, I suggest you start now. Because my sister her in August didn’t get it till October because all the paperwork she had to push through with Edgewater It takes a while, which is frustrating
It’s not the Board that makes the rules. They are bound to follow the covenants in place as an Owners Cooperative, for reviewing potential buyers. And if there is one thing, imo, this current board does well, they follow the rules with basically no favoritism or nepotism.

The FB has been popping thin lately. Allegations that board is moving unfairly and illegally against 2 residents interested in running for the board. Unfortunately my 2 family members will be absolutely tight lipped on iit so I can’t ask why the board denied their intents to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City