Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 08:54 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
As I mentioned, I do not like Trump, I think he is only an advertising prop for dumb people (because a political party needs votes, including from dumb people). He had been a Democrat, then he has been a Republican, but he is mostly a prop that draws votes from people who are stupid/conservative, or raises blood pressure in people who are stupid/liberal :-). For any serious business of running the country, he is irrelevant (as Biden stands to be for the next four years too). The only reason I bring up Mitch McConnell is because he is actually involved in running the country. Again, learn the civics of your own land :-).

the only thing McConnell does is sit on bills or thwarts them from passing. hence the reason why the HEROES act wasn't passed. so how is this process "running the country?' explain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 09:15 AM

8,331 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
the only thing McConnell does is sit on bills or thwarts them from passing. hence the reason why the HEROES act wasn't passed. so how is this process "running the country?' explain

That is precisely what I said, the GOP majority in the Senate will thwart the harmful bills from passing. We need a vaccine, not a bill to authorize printing more money, and plunging the country into a hyperinflation that will permanently deeply impoverish everyone except a hadful of speculators, and destabilize the entire world. There is a major economic complexity at work, not just gimme gimme gimme. Handouts actually come from a larger economy.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:39 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
As I said, the Republicans have the majority of the Congress (ie, control of the Senate, and likely more than 90% of the House although not control of it). If Biden wins, Democrats (and especially the "progressives") will not see any of their hoped-for measures enacted, because they will be blocked by the Congress. The next 4 years will be the most politically inactive years since Gerald Ford.

Considering the 50/50 divison of the country, and the extreme lunatic fringes on both left and right side, social unrest is very much a possibility, but if it gets much worse, any president will have to send the riot police and the Army on them. Trump would do it sooner, but Kamala Harris is in fact tough on crime (as she demonstrated in California), and the Biden-Harris government would have to move on it sooner or later.

It does surprise me that Biden got so much vote (he is not exactly charismatic with any group of voters :-), his votes are probably entirely the result of moderates' loathing for Trump's personality, and progressives having nobody else to vote for. I thought Trump would win very easily considering the level of discomfort so many people have with rising violence in so many places, and his willingness to clearly condemn it (as well as presumably suppress it) ... but I think in the end it does not matter, either president would ultimately have to deal with riots the same way if they want the country to still exist after the next year.
As I said in many threads before, Biden is one of the worst candidates we've had for any party. But the scariest part is we have so many people that are willing to vote for him. That goes to show you how dangerous America can be we have so many people willing to vote with their emotions rather than logic.

In 2016, many people didn't vote because they didn't think Trump would win and it was the independents and angry voters that got Trump the win. If Biden wins, it's' because the majority which are the fools of this country all came out.

Since I'm an independent I support Trump but I can live with Biden because I am not a ideologue and I know how to profit from any political system. Smart people adapt, dumb people must be told how to adapt.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:04 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
That is precisely what I said, the GOP majority in the Senate will thwart the harmful bills from passing. We need a vaccine, not a bill to authorize printing more money, and plunging the country into a hyperinflation that will permanently deeply impoverish everyone except a hadful of speculators, and destabilize the entire world. There is a major economic complexity at work, not just gimme gimme gimme. Handouts actually come from a larger economy.

that little paltry $500B bill that the GOP tried to get through DIDN'T INCLUDE MONEY FOR A VACCINE, or state and local governments. Where was the money for the MTA? the right is acting as if COVID doesn't exist. cases are spiking, because they're AND even HE, has admitted to GIVING UP on it. meanwhile millions of people aint doing good, and others outside of the US are looking at us like were stupid af....

we are ALREADY in a economic deflation is because HE, and Mitch DIDN'T HANDLE the pandemic correctly. The way they went about it was WRONG. He (Mitch) should've made the recommendation to him and the rest of his pundits to pass the HEROES bill, and if it fell flat, the Dems would've been to blame. He could've used this as a dart board with the Dems heads on em, to tell his base to GO AFTER the Dems so come this moment, election time, He would've had even more of a turnout, than he already has to win the election. But he didn't cause the man is dumb af. Instead he wants to bark loud and file lawsuits about nothing, because he's about to lose.

when he learned about COVID in January, he should've devised a plan, shut the entire nation down, and put on a united front with the governors from across the country, allocated the resources for a vaccine, and told people not to even come out til it was gone. he would have emerged from all of this looking diplomatic. there would've been nothing dems or independents could say about him, because it would've shown he made the effort.

so the excuses, coming from your side, with a lot of you saying "well you can't expect him to know how to deal with something like this", is bull. he had a idea. he has counsel. he has a cabinet and medical scientists around him to give him strategies.. he has different people who he can turn to for advice. him and the republicans dropped the damn ball, on multiple occasions since 2016. any other presidents antics would've had them stoned to the cross. which is why Biden is about to be president. America has finally said that, enough is enough.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:30 AM

8,331 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
that little paltry $500B bill that the GOP tried to get through DIDN'T INCLUDE MONEY FOR A VACCINE, or state and local governments. Where was the money for the MTA? the right is acting as if COVID doesn't exist. cases are spiking, because they're AND even HE, has admitted to GIVING UP on it. meanwhile millions of people aint doing good, and others outside of the US are looking at us like were stupid af....

we are ALREADY in a economic deflation is because HE, and Mitch DIDN'T HANDLE the pandemic correctly. The way they went about it was WRONG. He (Mitch) should've made the recommendation to him and the rest of his pundits to pass the HEROES bill, and if it fell flat, the Dems would've been to blame. He could've used this as a dart board with the Dems heads on em, to tell his base to GO AFTER the Dems so come this moment, election time, He would've had even more of a turnout, than he already has to win the election. But he didn't cause the man is dumb af. Instead he wants to bark loud and file lawsuits about nothing, because he's about to lose.

when he learned about COVID in January, he should've devised a plan, shut the entire nation down, and put on a united front with the governors from across the country, allocated the resources for a vaccine, and told people not to even come out til it was gone. he would have emerged from all of this looking diplomatic. there would've been nothing dems or independents could say about him, because it would've shown he made the effort.

so the excuses, coming from your side, with a lot of you saying "well you can't expect him to know how to deal with something like this", is bull. he had a idea. he has counsel. he has a cabinet and medical scientists around him to give him strategies.. he has different people who he can turn to for advice. him and the republicans dropped the damn ball, on multiple occasions since 2016. any other presidents antics would've had them stoned to the cross. which is why Biden is about to be president. America has finally said that, enough is enough.

I can't make any head or tails out of your post :-). The US was among the first Western countries to shut down (possibly the first - I was supposed to travel to Europe in May, and started canceling various reservations as soon as the travel ban was announced in the US - and had to wait for a few days to start asking for reservation refunds, because nothing was shut down yet in Europe). The funding for vaccine has been enormous, and several vaccines already exist (my educated guess being that at least one, possibly two, have shown effectiveness and are ready to go), but at least Pfizer has been forced to wait with any announcement of vaccine data until after the elections. Biden doesn't bother me at all, there is no serious potential that he'll do anything.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:54 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
So far there is no proof of anything illegal as the presidential elections results aren't final. Mr. Trump knows how to take care of himself. So why would anyone feel sorry for him?!

if you followed this election, you should have noticed that biden pretty much slept through in his basement while trump dashed from one place to another to campaign for support. The election outcome mimics the classroom situation where a hardworking student lost the competition to a lazy student because the later is better at....cheating........

Old 11-07-2020, 04:10 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
As I said in many threads before, Biden is one of the worst candidates we've had for any party. But the scariest part is we have so many people that are willing to vote for him. That goes to show you how dangerous America can be we have so many people willing to vote with their emotions rather than logic.

In 2016, many people didn't vote because they didn't think Trump would win and it was the independents and angry voters that got Trump the win. If Biden wins, it's' because the majority which are the fools of this country all came out.

Since I'm an independent I support Trump but I can live with Biden because I am not a ideologue and I know how to profit from any political system. Smart people adapt, dumb people must be told how to adapt.

Excerpt: I know how to profit from any political system. Smart people adapt, dumb people must be told how to adapt.

Response: Opinion

Extraordinary Response. Well done.
Having fielded both major parties in my lifetime I finally settled on the Conservative Party and know full well that
adaptation is key to survival. My only concerns are God,Family and Country which are always under attack every 4 years.
nuff said...

Old 11-07-2020, 09:10 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion
New York continues to vote Blue.
Why?

Easy answer.

Half the people work to get buy
The other half sits back and gets high!

People that contribute to the economic growth of our city
are outweighed by those that do not contribute at all.
You're definitely smoking something. The people who you are talking about (disparagingly) largely don't vote since no one is meeting their interests.

I can't believe what a myopic bubble some people here are in.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:16 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Please. These "Progressive" Democrats like AOC are destroying our country. In her time in office, what has she done besides smile and look pretty?
I think ya'll are out of touch and blame Democrats for YOUR policies. Democrats that are in office carry Republican handbags and are basically helping Republicans get the agenda they want. Ergo, every crap policy is Republican in origin to begin with. There is no left. Biden is further to the right than Reagan.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:08 AM

409 posts, read 497,586 times
https://gothamist.com/news/map-see-h...-2020-election

Seems like parts of Bayside and most of Whitestone went red. Flushing is still blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City