Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 07:56 PM

14,058 posts, read 13,959,440 times

Advertisements

Protesters who get arrested are begin loaded on NYC city bus

https://twitter.com/AlexanderTabet/s...24353069559809

Protesters chanted for a relatively-peaceful hour before NYPD officers clashed with the crowd.

A cloud of pepper spray descended over the rally, police armed with batons violently took down protesters and some rally goers set fires — all scenes that played out in real time on social media.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of protesters descended on Atlantic Avenue entrance to the Barclays Center. They chanted "George Floyd" in addition to cries of "Hands up! Don't shoot!" and "Black Lives Matter."

It was part of a growing wave of protests over the killing of George Floyd on Monday.

https://patch.com/new-york/prospecth...-floyd-killing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 07:59 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,985,530 times
Man they are so good at writing their filth to protect the animals who they support. What a perfectly crafted anti-police (total lie) headline.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-29-2020, 08:46 PM

16,102 posts, read 6,868,553 times
Like it or hate it the following is only my opinion:

It is sad that a man died while being arrested.
It is murder that a police officer could have controlled the outcome.
It is criminal that people are pillaging and looting in the streets.
It is unforgivable that politics have entered into this sensitive topic
in an attempt to turn it into a powder keg. The left has used this
tactic for years. ( Do your research ). The media will be splashing
every T.V. set until November with Blacks being victimized only
by whites while minimal reporting on white on white crime, minimal
reporting on black on white crime, black on black, brown on black,
yellow on black,black on yellow, yellow on white,white on yellow,
yellow on brown or brown or yellow. Anything to get that orange
haired white man out of office.

Question everything you see,read or told.
Seek out the truth for yourself rather than wait to hear it from others.............

Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 PM

126 posts, read 66,254 times
Everyone, everyone I have spoke to agrees the cop in Minneapolis should be charged. I am a conservative and I have both liberal and conservative friends, and they are all in agreement with this one. Its case closed. But, I am telling you, you do yourselves a disservice when you riot and destroy communities over anger. You lose millions of Americans' support when you destroy or loot.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:04 PM

37,174 posts, read 39,463,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius76 View Post
Everyone, everyone I have spoke to agrees the cop in Minneapolis should be charged. I am a conservative and I have both liberal and conservative friends, and they are all in agreement with this one. Its case closed. But, I am telling you, you do yourselves a disservice when you riot and destroy communities over anger. You lose millions of Americans' support when you destroy or loot.
Agreed! While I understand that not having grievances heard can boil into riots that are heard, it did not seem like here in NYC that there were no other avenues for grievances to be lodged or complaints to be heard however arduous it might be, and it certainly makes less sense to do so in protest of the police force elsewhere. I’m glad that while the protests were vocal and with some confrontation, it was generally pretty harmless to lives and livelihoods.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I’m glad that while the protests were vocal and with some confrontation, it was generally pretty harmless to lives and livelihoods.
This is absolutely not the case in Brooklyn right now. Lots of people are hurt, a precinct has been over run and there are fires everywhere.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-29-2020, 09:17 PM

37,174 posts, read 39,463,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is absolutely not the case in Brooklyn right now. Lots of people are hurt, a precinct has been over run and there are fires everywhere.
Yea, I know, and I live in Brooklyn and have seen this--it's still generally pretty harmless to lives and livelihoods right now compared to what happened in MSP as far as I can tell. Maybe that'll change over the course of this evening and weekend, but for now I'm glad it's not entire blocks being torched like in previous riots.

If there was any decent NYC politician with a goddamn backbone and any care for things, then you'd hope they'd pull a Bobby Kennedy and commiserate on that anger and explicitly message that what happened in Minneapolis was awful, but we here and the NYPD are not the enemy and that anger can be channeled into something other than violence.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,957 times
Default De'Blasio urges cops to 'light touch' on protestors as police vans BURN and BRICKS are thrown from

Well NYC voted for this...you were warned...now this is what you get.

Good luck out there!

Quote:
While many protesters in the city wore protective face masks, they largely flouted social-distancing rules.
Over 70 demonstrators were arrested including for criminal possession of a weapon and assaulting officers.
De Blasio urged the NYPD to go easy on the activists.
“I want to see a light touch because people are undeniably angry for a reason,” he said."
https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/george...ban-de-blasio/

Old 05-29-2020, 09:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
How quickly our mayors turn on the police to win the smiles of the looters and how much quicker they turn to them for protection when they are threatened

Old 05-29-2020, 09:25 PM

Monahan (the Chief of Department) already tried that. It’s on the Post’s website.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City