Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 01:01 PM

158 posts, read 304,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
I feel sorry for him and I can imagine what he went up against with his co-workers.

Whether you want to believe it or not demons and ghost are real. A lot of times non-believers will never be faced with seeing the spirit realm because they (demons) would rather you not believe so you don't believe in life after death or God, so your soul might be eternally lost.

These spirits, good and bad, have influence in this world and people.

You don't see air but you know it's there.
We can feel air, we can measure air (wind speed), we know what it is made up of, the same cannot be said for "ghosts".

Please realize - humans are delusional animals. For 8 hours a night we think we are different people in different places. It makes more sense that a person hallucinates for a moment than it is that ghosts exists and yet we have zero evidence despite the fact that almost every human on the planet carries around a cell phone that can at least take photos, most videos. Without evidence there is no reason to believe otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 01:22 PM

5,206 posts, read 4,684,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
There are some strange strange official reports out there on occult stuff, something this officer may have seen during his work.

Like this:

Children possessed by 200 demons 'levitated' and walked backwards over walls in front of hospital staff | Mail Online

Boy observed walking backwards up a wall verified by two hospital staff. I guess they both decided to put their jobs on the line by making up this story, or both hallucinated it at the same time.

Warning not to mess with the occult, even its "family friendly" versions like ouija boards and tarot cards.
There are 200 demons in that house and all they could get is one very pixelated picture of some white vaguely humanoid shape in the window.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:24 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,327,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
There are 200 demons in that house and all they could get is one very pixelated picture of some white vaguely humanoid shape in the window.
Yeah. I thought that was pretty lame as well.

The incident in the hospital is the strange stuff.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:57 PM

19,078 posts, read 14,029,030 times
I absolutely believe in ghosts. Does that make me believe this guy? Not necessarily. Question everything.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:02 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,286,752 times
*Raises my hand* as an X-files fan. I heard on NPR that they just had their 20th anniversary at the end of last year since the first airing of the show. My husband and I are currently rewatching all the episodes because we've never seen all of them. It's one of our bonding time things I look forward to.

In the case of the paranormal it's common that skeptics won't believe until it happens to them, and then they demand proof but still won't believe until there is even further scientific research and proof. There is loads of documented proof but you can't make the unwillingly blind see and it's no fun to try either as they're rather obstinate.

Shows like Ghost Hunter's do appease those demands however. I always wondered why the guys from Ghost Hunter's in Rhode Island didn't go up to NYC for a case. They were professional, skeptical and seeking proof of a haunting and debunking it when it wasn't the case. They'd travel all over the region and even did an International spin off but not NYC or the great Pyramids of Giza.

They did do one episode at Lizzie Borden's house and another episode at The Stanley Hotel in Colorado which was used for filming Steve King's "The Shining". They also did a couple plantations in the south, a few churches, several prisons, but my favorite was the episode where they went into Light Houses. In later seasons they had two light house episodes in different States with some convincing proof of apparitions and chairs moving on camera.

If you want to get freaked out in a "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" around a camp fire kind of way then watch the show Paranormal Witness at night alone in your home when everything is quiet. *If it ever gets quiet where you are in the city.* It's complete fiction but the idea that it could be real always messes with me and some episodes leave me on edge for days. I've really got to stop watching the show alone in the dark. If you can't take it turn the lights on or watch it with someone else if they like that stuff and can take it. It may be more fun that way.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:04 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,163,193 times
I will see this movie just because it looks interesting and I am a horror fan. Bear in mind movies "based" on real experiences are often exaggerated at best. New advertisements for the film are showing amateur video of a "possessed" woman who may very well have taken bath salts or salvia divinorum or similar. We can't prove or disprove it.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:04 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,782,015 times
I'm watching this. Big fan of the Horror Genre.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:14 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,015,005 times
If you are christian or jewish or muslim, or any religion that believe in higher beings and souls, and an afterlife, dont you have to believe in ghosts, ghouls and demons?

I mean Lucifer according to the Judeo based religions does in fact exist. If he exists, then what are the chances his minions exist as well?

Now you can either enter heaven or hell, but logically, you simply must assume that if an opening exists for you to go to such places, then something from the other side can get back through the other way.

Think about this. Even check valves in real life can be broken. Locks can be picked, windows can be broken. If humans can do all these things, why cant demons from hell figure out how to escape and come back to earth and haunt us?

Old 06-27-2014, 03:19 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,724,217 times
I won't be seeing the movie, I don't believe in that junk (and it scares me that anyone would), but it brings to mind, if I remember correctly, a "prank" where someone set up something in restaurants to make it look like something paranormal was happened. It scared the bejesus out of people, and I thought it was a contemptible thing to do.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:33 AM

1 posts, read 733 times
Wow, what a bunch of lead lined naysayers. Yeah, go see the seventy fifth transformers movie. Thats not junk .
The nyc police department ABSOLUTELY has officers on staff that deal with ONLY occult cases, so do the FBI for that matter, But you knew that, I can tell.... Duh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City