Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Anyone seen the dude who was in dsny and his brother was in fdny and some other dude that was with them was in fdny! who were selling drugs! thats crazy! Bad for them but One less person in dsny and 2 in fdny! You have a decent job and arent satisfied! I dont understand people like that! and there getting like Crazy years because they live near a school!
Ps: If they do try to cut half the workers then There should be a strike! it is a union and I thought that was one of the things they do especially when there going to cut half the work force! And I know most people now A days are selfish and will be like why should I strike but think of it if there gonna cut that many people thats double the work for you! And they can only ask for more and then more until there is no longer A solid union! less members equals less power! Seems like The city OWNS the union!

Because of the taylor laws, city and state employees are not allowed to strike. for every day a city employee strikes he gets fined TWICE his salary amount for each day the strike is in effect. Remember what happened in the last transit strike?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:00 PM

576 posts, read 1,548,191 times
Yes I totally forgot about that! DAG! WOW so basically Its in employees hands! Work slower I suppose! Thats nuts bro! Hopefully things will get better! But the way its looking its not good at all! And as for using private sanitation companies I highly doubt that! especially with the whole mob ties or what not.. Isnt that why they use dcas to do the tests also so people cant just bring in whoever they want! eventho in NYPD I still believe it is possible!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 PM

3,177 posts, read 2,747,215 times
I'm sorry everyone, but this thread has gotten too large and it has started to affect our forum performance. I have to close it. Please feel free to start the second part.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 PM

3,177 posts, read 2,747,215 times
DSNY Sanitation Test 6063/Job Discussion, Pt. 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.