Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times

Advertisements

Bushwick is hot right now. A cop got shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 PM

669 posts, read 1,274,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Bushwick is hot right now. A cop got shot.

Yea I just heard about it he got shot in the head or something but is expected to live. This is the 2nd cop to get shot in the head in BK in the last 2 months.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:15 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Fernandez View Post
According to the New York Times, 40% of all city homicides are from Brooklyn, 24% for the Bronx, 18% for Queens, 15% for Manhattan and 3% for Staten Island. The statistics per 100,000 are the Bronx at 12.4, Brooklyn at 11.2, Manhattan at 6.5, Queens at 5.4 and Staten Island at 4.0.
Apparently we only had 209 homicides last year.
Definitely much more then that. More like somewhere between 500-600.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 AM

142 posts, read 259,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Video: Cops Beat Bronx Teen, D.A. Launches Investigation: Gothamist

this one even moreso the victim wasn't innocent (just want people to understand that I am not defending this guy)... however, that being said, here we have another case of blatant excessive force and lame excuses for the excessive force...
That didn't even look like excessive force to me- more like bordering on a gang-style stomping. The only things in this video that confirmed the fact that they were cops were the uniforms, baton, and mace.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:56 AM

52 posts, read 252,058 times
quote=sandsharkboy;22692268]160's and Boston Road. Bronx East Flatbush Brooklyn , Brownsville and East New York are they really bad like as bad as parts of North Philadelphia and Camden New Jersey. I thought New York was safe and the bronx and brooklyn have been revitalized with yuppies and what not . Is there still nightly shootings and death in New York because if its not it aint that bad. People who say it is need to look up North Philadelphia, Kensington, parts of West Philly, and Southwest Philly. Philly is like a complete jungle of violence mayhem death and destruction, no parental guidance, no job opportunities, too much drugs, prostitutes gangs and what not. Do people exagerrate when they say parts of Boston Road Bronx and other sections like soundview mott haven university heights and parts of East Flatbush, East New York, Brownsville, Bedford Stuyvesant, Buschwick , Crown Heights and Canarsie are bad. Are there nightly shootings everynight in these neighborhoods. I was thinking on doing a paper entitled NYC s hoods meant not to glamorize the hood life but meant to explain what specific neighborhoods and sections of New York continue to experience gun violence, drug trafficking, gang violence, homicide,etc and what society in general needs to do to improve them. I also would like to know if I could compare parts of North Philadelphia with violent parts of New York. Is New Yorks violent neighborhoods like walking to disneyland compared to the Kensington , Allegheny West, Fairhill, Hartranft, Strawberry Mansion Nicetown/tioga neighborhoods of Philly . Do New York s hoods compare at all to North Philadelphias Badlands? could somebody who lives or knows a great deal about these areas of NYC give some information about the way life is in these parts of nyc . Contact me at Sandsharkboy@comcast.net thanks any information would greatly be appreciated. My information will go towards putting together a presentation on how although New York is a great big beautiful city made up of five huge boroughs. And statistics say its the most safest big city in the nation. These statistics can be quite misleading if one looks a these several neighborhoods I asked about in Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens and how many people in these neighborhoods still suffer from homicide gun violence drugs and gangs on an everyday basis and how we need to improve these communities thank you any info would be greatly appreciated. Also ive been hearing people mention the acronym the rocks in queens is this a bad neighborhood and I also am hearing from people that parts of queens are bad if so could somebody tell me where the high crime sections of queens are. Also does manhattan still have its share of shooting and gun violence also . Im trying to get info on the worst of the worst areas in NYC Five boroughs and information on those areas. New York City is the most beautiful city in the world but Im sure it still has a pretty tough and dangerous underworld . Please any info would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Mike ]

Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsharkboy View Post
quote=sandsharkboy;22692268]160's and Boston Road. Bronx East Flatbush Brooklyn , Brownsville and East New York are they really bad like as bad as parts of North Philadelphia and Camden New Jersey. I thought New York was safe and the bronx and brooklyn have been revitalized with yuppies and what not . Is there still nightly shootings and death in New York because if its not it aint that bad. People who say it is need to look up North Philadelphia, Kensington, parts of West Philly, and Southwest Philly. Philly is like a complete jungle of violence mayhem death and destruction, no parental guidance, no job opportunities, too much drugs, prostitutes gangs and what not. Do people exagerrate when they say parts of Boston Road Bronx and other sections like soundview mott haven university heights and parts of East Flatbush, East New York, Brownsville, Bedford Stuyvesant, Buschwick , Crown Heights and Canarsie are bad. Are there nightly shootings everynight in these neighborhoods. I was thinking on doing a paper entitled NYC s hoods meant not to glamorize the hood life but meant to explain what specific neighborhoods and sections of New York continue to experience gun violence, drug trafficking, gang violence, homicide,etc and what society in general needs to do to improve them. I also would like to know if I could compare parts of North Philadelphia with violent parts of New York. Is New Yorks violent neighborhoods like walking to disneyland compared to the Kensington , Allegheny West, Fairhill, Hartranft, Strawberry Mansion Nicetown/tioga neighborhoods of Philly . Do New York s hoods compare at all to North Philadelphias Badlands? could somebody who lives or knows a great deal about these areas of NYC give some information about the way life is in these parts of nyc . Contact me at Sandsharkboy@comcast.net thanks any information would greatly be appreciated. My information will go towards putting together a presentation on how although New York is a great big beautiful city made up of five huge boroughs. And statistics say its the most safest big city in the nation. These statistics can be quite misleading if one looks a these several neighborhoods I asked about in Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens and how many people in these neighborhoods still suffer from homicide gun violence drugs and gangs on an everyday basis and how we need to improve these communities thank you any info would be greatly appreciated. Also ive been hearing people mention the acronym the rocks in queens is this a bad neighborhood and I also am hearing from people that parts of queens are bad if so could somebody tell me where the high crime sections of queens are. Also does manhattan still have its share of shooting and gun violence also . Im trying to get info on the worst of the worst areas in NYC Five boroughs and information on those areas. New York City is the most beautiful city in the world but Im sure it still has a pretty tough and dangerous underworld . Please any info would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Mike ]
@ sandsharkboy stop trolling threads if you're just here to hype up your hood... This is an NYC crime thread... Fact is, yes, Philly as a whole is worse than NYC... end of story, thank you for your time...

Getting back to real news...

Arrest of Chinese livery drivers has industry on edge - NY Daily News

Feds charge 12 people for stealing cell-phone *account info in $250 million cloning scheme* - NY Daily News

Read the entire article of the first story... If what the workers are claiming is actually true, it's amazing how low certain people in the government will stoop to keep their people at the top...

There's also another article about a case in LA that I don't even feel comfortable posting on here because of its graphic nature but if you do read it... you'll realize how some people really just don't deserve to live... I can't imagine in what mind would somebody even think about doing what this guy did to his students... All we can do is pray for the children that had this sorry excuse for a man as a teacher and hopefully the memories of these incidents can go away with time... When you read all these stories it really can depress you to see the world that we live in...

Old 02-02-2012, 01:50 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,382,695 times
Wow this is a total outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cop convicted of planting crack on innocent people could have gotten 4 years but cried to the judge and got PROBATION!. Poor him, he cried that he lost his pension and his job!! WTF!!!!!!!

Ex-cop Jason Arbeeny cries for judge, gets probation;*Judge Gustin Reichbach could have given him 4 years* - NY Daily News

And this is why we have a police force who do whatever they want, whenever they want...there are no repercussions and the residents are held hostage. What about the lives he wrecked? How many other people did he do this too that didn't come forward????????? They probably lost their jobs, friends, trust, sleep, health....WTF!!!!!!

My advice to people: stay away from cops, they are not your friends, they are not there to protect or serve you but to make their quotas and protect and serve themselves.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:47 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,061 times
I don't understand why people think it's cool to "hype" their hoods with higher crime rates.

"Hey guys I'm cool because I live in a crime infested dump!!! LOL!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Wow this is a total outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cop convicted of planting crack on innocent people could have gotten 4 years but cried to the judge and got PROBATION!. Poor him, he cried that he lost his pension and his job!! WTF!!!!!!!

Ex-cop Jason Arbeeny cries for judge, gets probation;*Judge Gustin Reichbach could have given him 4 years* - NY Daily News

And this is why we have a police force who do whatever they want, whenever they want...there are no repercussions and the residents are held hostage. What about the lives he wrecked? How many other people did he do this too that didn't come forward????????? They probably lost their jobs, friends, trust, sleep, health....WTF!!!!!!

My advice to people: stay away from cops, they are not your friends, they are not there to protect or serve you but to make their quotas and protect and serve themselves.
Even 4 years wouldn't be enough. Should have got 15 years.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM

400 posts, read 983,900 times
Quote:

Thats what people like Luis Ortiz are for, to bring balance to the department.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 PM

669 posts, read 1,274,381 times
Quote:

Wow so much corruption in the NYPD and ppl wonder why so many ppl dislike cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City