Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 PM

62 posts, read 114,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
Hey guys I know the current contract expired in September but now these Oct and Nov classes I was told are going to be under the old contract until they discuss and setup the new contract right..?? Cause I heard it could take months or even over a year to get the new contract plan (tier) into play... If anyone can clarify I would love to know and hope these Oct,nov are old contract (tier) thanks guys..
I heard from union that September class is the last class that gets the 20year. Oct & Nov will get when ever the new contract is. But I hope they are wrong

Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 PM

62 posts, read 114,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmen1313 View Post
Hey everyone..first post..i've bern on the job 5 years and when I first came on I thought it was the greatest job in the world, but it has progressively gotten worse each year..prepare to have no life or money and always tired because your sleep patterns are messed up..don't listen to guys who say its the greatest job in the world because we get treated like s***..itls a good secure job but im not going to lie its not as good as everyone makes it out to be..when you get to your garages talk to they guys who are just above you and they'll tell you the same things..these senior guys and retired guys can say its a great job because it is when you get time on but these first 5came years have not been like all those guys told me..if some ever says you hit the lottery by getting this job pinch them in the face lol..good luck to all the new guys
Very True. When I got on in August 2008 they put me in Bronx and I live in the South Shore of SI. 70miles round trip and tolls and gas. 2.5-3 hours travel everyday & I hated the job every day but great bunch of guys to work with. Finally got to SI after 2 years and I have to say now it's the greatest job!!! 5 min cumute round trip no tolls and full tank will last me at least 3 months.

The worst part is getting to work the travel and tolls because they out you wherever they want with no consideration. Take the time to research the garages when u put a transfer out. Don't just go see how many you have beat see what the top 15 in front of you are doing because you will be doing that soon nd for a long time then what the bottom 5 do

Old 09-26-2011, 11:29 PM

360 posts, read 736,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbobynot View Post
I heard from union that September class is the last class that gets the 20year. Oct & Nov will get when ever the new contract is. But I hope they are wrong
Thanks bobby I'll call human resources tommrow . I've asked a few people that's all I was going by.. I pray it's stil 20 for these 3 classes.. I'll think positive but thanks for your impute..

Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 AM

156 posts, read 327,760 times
Everybody has to take the lumps in the beginning. Till you get to top pay its ruff. Till you get guys below you its ruff. Its mostly the 10 yrs and under that get into trouble according to the union. People come on like they are owed something. I think this job is great or maybe i am in a great garage dunno. Its when guys who are 21yrs old come on who never had another job say it sux.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 AM

200 posts, read 577,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trag672 View Post
Everybody has to take the lumps in the beginning. Till you get to top pay its ruff. Till you get guys below you its ruff. Its mostly the 10 yrs and under that get into trouble according to the union. People come on like they are owed something. I think this job is great or maybe i am in a great garage dunno. Its when guys who are 21yrs old come on who never had another job say it sux.
So true. I came on at 23yrs old but had over 5 jobs already. I got so much out of this job. It gets better as time goes by. You just need to get into a good garage.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:24 AM

128 posts, read 269,066 times
Quote:
Very True. When I got on in August 2008 they put me in Bronx and I live in the South Shore of SI. 70miles round trip and tolls and gas. 2.5-3 hours travel everyday & I hated the job every day but great bunch of guys to work with. Finally got to SI after 2 years and I have to say now it's the greatest job!!! 5 min cumute round trip no tolls and full tank will last me at least 3 months.

The worst part is getting to work the travel and tolls because they out you wherever they want with no consideration. Take the time to research the garages when u put a transfer out. Don't just go see how many you have beat see what the top 15 in front of you are doing because you will be doing that soon nd for a long time then what the bottom 5 do
how did u get si? Everyone is telling us its super senior out there. They're telling us that most of us from this class are going to the bronx.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:23 AM

85 posts, read 138,833 times
Quote:

what garage you in i am doing ojt tomorrow at si 1

Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 AM

40 posts, read 71,911 times
Had FP yesterday, the nice lady who went through all the paperwork with us said "September, October & November are the last to receive Tier 4"
HR sent us home with all the Tier 4 paper work. So I'm going to go with that till I hear different.

October 11 starts my life as a Sanitation Worker

Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM

8 posts, read 13,564 times
Just got back from FP!!! Official start date October 11,2011. I to also received "tier 4" paper work, so hopefully that doesnt change. Thanks to everybody for all the help you guys posted during this really stressful time of becoming a san man and I'm looking forward to working with all you! Good Luck!!

Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM

147 posts, read 299,581 times
Your home at 11:33? What time did you get out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City