Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 03:42 PM

343 posts, read 254,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap121483 View Post
The kind of people who are able to have that kind of a loud party into the wee hours of the morning --ie. people who don't work and are sponging off YOU, instead-- are not the kind of people who are going to stop when asked, even politely. They are drains on society with no concern for anyone but themselves.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times
Default 311

Yeah, I made couple of complaints due to cars partially parking in the driveway. And I never see a cop, or transit passing by to issue a ticket. I get it it's not an emergency but come on, this why people do whatever they want here. Loud music, parking anywhere, it's a joke...

Old 05-25-2018, 06:10 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass253 View Post
Yeah, I made couple of complaints due to cars partially parking in the driveway. And I never see a cop, or transit passing by to issue a ticket. I get it it's not an emergency but come on, this why people do whatever they want here. Loud music, parking anywhere, it's a joke...

May not be possible now in this era of 311, but best thing for parking in driveway and other similar sort of complaints is to call your local precinct. Thankfully moved to UES when such information was listed in telephone book and have had it since. Now you are just directed to call 311.

All 311 operators do is fill out the same forms you can often do yourself online. They hit "enter" and give you (again) the same confirmation number generated by online complaints you can do yourself.

Remember a time when you could also call local DSNY garage and so forth; but again all those telephone number listings have been replaced by 311 or told to go online. However most still have same telephone numbers, but you'd have to find.

Whenever someone blocks the driveway for our building a call is made directly to precinct. Depending upon what else is going on a car will arrive in an hour or so.

Old 11-01-2023, 12:40 PM

12 posts, read 8,290 times
This :O

Old 11-01-2023, 05:47 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,030,467 times
The best way to get rid of loud neighbors is to think laterally. The authorities won't do jack for noise complaining. But they will take immediate action in no particular order:

Neighbor is having unauthorized construction, running an unlicensed business, threatening children, etc.

In one case, I had an ass"*$@! upstairs who was drilling, hammering, and using power tools at all hours. Well, the building inspectors showed up at 8 AM Sharp the next day after my complaints.

The offensive neighbor was forced to buy those permits and papers of public notice then plaster them all over his door and hallway wall in public view. I heard him cursing me through the ceiling about how it cost an extra $35k. He was also cited for multiple noise violations each one costing him hundreds in addition over the next few months. The noise stopped outside 9- 4 m-f.

Same neighbor's wife was running an unauthorized daycare center. Well well guess ACS is going to visit them too. Another several thousand to pay off lawyers and file more paperwork for the neighbor.

Does your neighbor have a business or professional license? Oh well, file n anonymous claim of malpractice with their board.

Tldr, sic the regulators on your neighbors. Not the cops. These allegations don't even have to be confirmed true. Let the neighbor deal with disproving the allegations. Let them pay monetarily and timewise. You're just the messenger .

Old 11-02-2023, 06:19 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I called 311 on multiple occasions due to loud noise.
The response is........ The police have up to 8 hours to respond.... The police never came. 8 hours is a long time for loud noise when you can't sleep .......I made a complaint against the precinct ...... still nothing

What is the purpose of 311 regarding noise complaints.

This is a joke, can't we go back to the old days and call the cops directly

Remember the people that protested against cops?
Young, college educated and angry.
The same people that burned down neighborhoods?
Attacked Police precincts? Demanded equity across arrests ?
Demanded defunding police infrastructure?

Pretty stupid I said all along.

So the Stupid people that voted for stupid politicians that passed stupid legislation made
living now in N.Y.C. pretty much a stupid thing.

Stupid is as Stupid Does.

Old 11-02-2023, 07:57 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan21 View Post
This :O
Another weird example of a newbie reviving an ancient thread.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:31 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
who bumped up this thread from 13 phuccin years ago?

Old 11-02-2023, 11:02 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellupinharlem View Post
who bumped up this thread from 13 phuccin years ago?
lmao!!! :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City