Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 12:20 PM

50 posts, read 57,683 times

Advertisements

I applied around 12 pm Est agreed the interior is nothing exciting but they offer so much amenities and the location is decent. Hoping I get selected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2023, 12:21 PM

8 posts, read 8,086 times
When you apply truly has nothing to with it is very random I’ve applied lotteries the day before it closed and got my lowest log number ever .It doesn’t matter when you apply .

Old 10-10-2023, 12:29 PM

50 posts, read 57,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison269 View Post
When you apply truly has nothing to with it is very random I’ve applied lotteries the day before it closed and got my lowest log number ever .It doesn’t matter when you apply .
Yes I’ve heard this as long as u apply before closing date then everyone gets put in a pool and given random numbers and when your number is drawn then it’s least to greatest

Old 10-10-2023, 12:34 PM

11 posts, read 21,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
That's not how these lotteries work. They are open for a specified period of time. In this case, for 62 days.
Everyone has the same chance now matter when you submit your application.
I’ve won the lottery before (currently reside in a lottery apartment) and have been contacted for numerous other buildings each time I had low log numbers. When I got a high log number I never got contacted.
That’s just my experience.

Old 10-10-2023, 12:39 PM

Also the ones that i got low log numbers on I applied as soon as it posted and was called back for majority of them.

Once again thats just my experience.

Old 10-10-2023, 01:59 PM

828 posts, read 768,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgalel20 View Post
I’ve won the lottery before (currently reside in a lottery apartment) and have been contacted for numerous other buildings each time I had low log numbers. When I got a high log number I never got contacted.
That’s just my experience.
Yes, low log numbers have a better chance of getting contacted than high log numbers.

But everyone in the lottery has the same exact chance of getting a low log number no matter when you submit your application.

Am I missing something here?

Old 10-10-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, low log numbers have a better chance of getting contacted than high log numbers.

But everyone in the lottery has the same exact chance of getting a low log number no matter when you submit your application.

Am I missing something here?

Unless they have changed it up … on the old website it told you what day & time a building was going to open up for applications. Each time I applied 12am on the dot I received a low log number & a email to present documents. When I would apply to projects days after they posted I received high log numbers & no call back. So in my opinion based off my experiences when you apply matters.

Are you still lost?

Old 10-10-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgalel20 View Post
Unless they have changed it up … on the old website it told you what day & time a building was going to open up for applications. Each time I applied 12am on the dot I received a low log number & a email to present documents. When I would apply to projects days after they posted I received high log numbers & no call back. So in my opinion based off my experiences when you apply matters.

Are you still lost?
Ok

Old 10-10-2023, 03:31 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Quote:
Ok
You aren't lost they just think the coincidence of when they applied and getting a low log means they are correlated which it doesn't. There are not any tricks to winning you are correct it's truly random.

Old 10-10-2023, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
You aren't lost they just think the coincidence of when they applied and getting a low log means they are correlated which it doesn't. There are not any tricks to winning you are correct it's truly random.
Good luck explaining that to Bagel20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery