Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 18,042 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I've lived in NJ my whole live and am now looking to buy a home with my husband.

We found a home in Westwood, which I've always loved this town and thought it to be a good safe town.

We recently saw a house on Westwood Blvd that had some beautiful homes and some questionable homes. They were run-down, trashy, and un-kept homes.

I am not concerned with race, as I've seen most of the threads say that Westwood is mostly "white" with some "black" families living on Sand Road and a few other streets within that area.

I am only concerned with the type of people, regardless of race, that would keep their houses like this. It was alarming to us and obviously a major concern.

We fell in love with a house and thought it was beautiful, but are worried about the houses surrounding it. Also, although the hospital is not up and running, our conerns are if it does could this be a potentially loud area to live.

I'd love for anyone's opinions or if they know this area to give any advice possible.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times
Well i live in the town next to Westwood and I'm black. Sand road is more of the poor area of Westwood. Black , White , Latino , i had friends who lived down that street. Theres no crime or anything , its just poor people. Westwood Boulevard has nice houses my friend lives on that street , but there lower income / middle class unlike the rest of Westwood which is Middle Class & better off. You should be fine. The Town pool & a park are located just off that street.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:53 PM

367 posts, read 960,447 times
Westwood Blvd is fine. The hospital is too far away for any concerns about noise.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 AM

777 posts, read 2,381,853 times
I live on Westwood Boulevard. I believe you are talking about the new constructions on the block. The area is fine. Very safe. There are a few boarded up foreclosures in the area and there are some unkept homes, mostly on Sand Road.

Only the E/R is open at the hospital. If I was buying a new construction, I rather not live close to the hospital, but this type of home might not be as affordable if it had another location.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:14 PM

123 posts, read 568,550 times
It's a safe area but the fact is that when you buy there your resale value will stay far lower than the rest of town and your home will be much harder to sell in the long run...when the neighborhood looks run down, it is not very desirable to most. I personally would not want to live on the street, but that's just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey