Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,539,971 times

Advertisements

lets just say there is no shortage of women spending in stores. I decided to take a break from the gym today. I mean I practically live in gym clothes and my whole wardrobe is looking homeless. Its the lastest fad, remember grunge?? Well my look is called homeless. So my husband say boy Marilyn you look homeless go get some clothes. So I made a deal with myself, If I cook a mean sauerbraten, I will go buy some clothes. You see I love whole foods, but clothing is just not me. I am rags and jeans. However its getting pretty bad, so I went. Well lets just say first off I did not fit in. It was a real comedy hour. Like Lucy in the candy episode. They lock the damn dressing rooms so I am in my homeless clothes looking under the doors to find my dressing room and the women well they thought I was some peeping tom. Then its so damn crowded with these fashion plate women that I could not get back in, so athelics homeless me climbs and crawls under the door. Well that did not go over well either especially in a Nordstrom. Then this lady thinks its like a Stacy and Clinton episode, ohh wait and she is bringing me all this crap that is not my style and I just damn hate these strech jeans they feel like diapers, GO GET ME LEVIS!!!

Packed too with jerks. Well I did manage to get a leather jacket , nice too and marked way down! I did also shhhhh buy more gym clothes.
you figure these women would be happy, they are shopping and during a bad time in the economy, well no way. The way they order the poor damn sales girl , ohh can you get this in black? Can you get this , that , I am used to doing it myself. This whole damn your special crap is for the birds. I did not fit in, I would never fit in, and I am happy to say heavy weight lifting is definately more fun to me that shopping. I hate shopping. I should have been born a guy. Now I know that if I want to do something fun its either the library or the gym. Well I hit the gym 6 days a week been lifting heavy for long long time and its so much better than a trip to Nordstoms. I should take a few hours and see how bad they are in Neimans, but the problems is since I am homeless dresser Marilyn undercover security would be down my neck. this shopping crap is so overrated. I am not the feminine type at all.
PS My sauerbraten was killer!

Last edited by stevemorse; 09-17-2009 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 AM

102 posts, read 261,439 times
I worked at Nordstrom during my college years and i can tell you i loved customers like yourself. Salespeople want to assist not slave for your business. But it was and still is a fact that Nordstrom is best known for its customer service. It is refreshing compared to the lack of interest or hostility you receive from sales people in other stores. Day time shopping there mostly consist of snobby house wives. As a former dancer i totally understand wanting to stay in your workout clothing (i used to wear my ballet slippers in the street and how ironic is it that everyone wears flat ballet style shoes after all the crticisim i received back then). However you have to able to go out and still make an impression, you be surprised how good you feel. Grunge was a fashion catastrophe don't become another victim.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestlequik View Post
I worked at Nordstrom during my college years and i can tell you i loved customers like yourself. Salespeople want to assist not slave for your business. But it was and still is a fact that Nordstrom is best known for its customer service. It is refreshing compared to the lack of interest or hostility you receive from sales people in other stores. Day time shopping there mostly consist of snobby house wives. As a former dancer i totally understand wanting to stay in your workout clothing (i used to wear my ballet slippers in the street and how ironic is it that everyone wears flat ballet style shoes after all the crticisim i received back then). However you have to able to go out and still make an impression, you be surprised how good you feel. Grunge was a fashion catastrophe don't become another victim.
How nice of you to answer, well the girls customer service were very nice. I just observed the way they were treated, horrible. I could not do their job and they were patient too!

Dont worry im not too messy.

were you a dancer in NYC? Does the name Lada St. Edmunds ring a bell?? That is my trainer now, she was a dancer, the first dancer on Hullabulloo then she was a dancer then she became the first female stunt women in Hollywood, she is the best, I mean Im cut and ripped Im gettin' scarey!! Its great. Thanks so much for the answer, and how do you dancer stay sooo skinny????

Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,959,611 times
Great post!

I HATE Garden State Plaza. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

I've lived here my whole life, and I remember hating it even as a child. I've lived here all my life, and I literally can break out into hives as soon as I hit the parking lot.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,626,259 times
I myslef like to shop and I would have giving anything to have been there just watching Marilyn hahah must have been so comical. Marilyn maybe you become the model for "What not to wear" Just kidding. Seriously wear what you want, other wise if you wear things that make you uncomfortable you are not going to be happy. Can you sendme the recipe for Sauerbraten havent had that since dining at the Hofbrau many years ago, now its gone!!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 PM

13,411 posts, read 28,777,502 times
I hate shopping really do....I do most of it at home on line
I detest malls and that oh so snooty Short Hills mall is at the top of my list

Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 PM

273 posts, read 685,483 times
I was at the Woodbridge Mall they have a store buy 1 get 2 free leather coats!! Some were 100 dollars and looked pretty nice.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
I myslef like to shop and I would have giving anything to have been there just watching Marilyn hahah must have been so comical. Marilyn maybe you become the model for "What not to wear" Just kidding. Seriously wear what you want, other wise if you wear things that make you uncomfortable you are not going to be happy. Can you sendme the recipe for Sauerbraten havent had that since dining at the Hofbrau many years ago, now its gone!!
will do , I will pm you!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:26 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,376,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I hate shopping really do....I do most of it at home on line
I detest malls and that oh so snooty Short Hills mall is at the top of my list
You know, the clientele seems snooty, but I haven't had a problem with the staff in stores. Last time I was there, I looked like a hobo (it was freezing, and raining, and I wasn't in the mood to "dance around" in nicer clothing that was just going to be soaked and not keep me warm [especially since I was out all day long])...and I've still had some of the best customer service there than most other places I've been (to the point where, even when I was in Neiman Marcus, I was quickly approached [kindly] for assistance, and once I was taken to where I needed to be, one of the saleswomen and I started talking about the rain and leather [I was buying perfume, not leather ] and how we can't wear it in the rain, but cows have no problem ). Same goes for various other stores, Victoria's Secret (always happy to help me and measure me [and somehow always compliment my selections upon purchase....]), The Body Shop, Nordstrom...etc. I've only been to Short Hills and Livingston Malls...but if I'm up for the extra time it takes to get to Short Hills, I much prefer going there (plus I somehow always get creepy men hitting on me at Livingston, and customers at Short Hills don't really bother me).

Old 09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,376,154 times
and Marilyn - Levis are THE way to go. It's the only brand of jeans I'll purchase...because they make an outstanding fit/comfort/quality (that I can wear about 1 1/2 - 2 years, where as most brands last me under or around 1 year) for price
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey