Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 06:02 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,601,728 times

Advertisements

wondering which one is better......thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,627,673 times
columbus flea market, better by a mile, the inside is big and includes an amish part which is open a couple days a week, also the produce/plants and there are always outside vendors and during the summer it's pretty much a circus

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,866 times
I don't think one is better than the other; they are just very different. I prefer Columbus Flea Mkt. Columbus is on blacktop (can get hot in the summer) and Englishtown is on dirt (gets really dusty dirty; when you blow your nose, everything comes out the color of dirt, also muddy when it rains). Columbus feels cleaner to me and has a great Amish area for good eats. There's a lot of parking in Columbus Mkt. When Englishtown's lots are full, you have to pay to park in someone's yard. The traffic around Englishtown is nuts (when the flea mkt. is open).

I have to be in the right mood to go to the Englishtown Mkt.; try them both and you'll see what I mean.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,466 times
I like them both; but prefer Englishtown Auction. I find the prices cheaper on a lot of the stuff there. It's like going to several yard sales at once.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:26 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,921,628 times
I've been going to either Rt 70 fleamarket or Englishtown every weekend for about 15 years now- it's just what I like to do. The only time I've noticed traffic at Englishtown is when there is something going on at the racetrack- otherwise none-so I don't know what others are talking about crazy traffic....they've also opened the whole back to free parking so the only time I pay to park in the nice ladies yard is when I want to park under a shady tree- it's worth the 2 bucks. Now- Rt 70 has f-d up their parking so much that I almost hate going there even though is much closer for me. I'll have to try Columbus- sounds like fun- what days is it open?

Old 09-07-2009, 04:07 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
I've been going to either Rt 70 fleamarket or Englishtown every weekend for about 15 years now- it's just what I like to do. The only time I've noticed traffic at Englishtown is when there is something going on at the racetrack- otherwise none-so I don't know what others are talking about crazy traffic....they've also opened the whole back to free parking so the only time I pay to park in the nice ladies yard is when I want to park under a shady tree- it's worth the 2 bucks. Now- Rt 70 has f-d up their parking so much that I almost hate going there even though is much closer for me. I'll have to try Columbus- sounds like fun- what days is it open?
Columbus is open Thurs., Fri., Sat., and Sun. Thursday is the big sale day, not sure if the buildings are open on Friday, and the Amish section is closed on Sunday. If you can, go on Thursday.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:24 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,921,628 times
Thursday it is! thanks!

Old 09-07-2009, 06:22 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,566 times
Default Collingswood

Lets throw Collingswood Flea Market into the mix. Been there & done that too.

Notice the sub culture of vendors at all markets. Very interesting crew.

The haggle, the bargin making, its an art... taught to me when I was a very young Princess. I started off buying the old rhinestone jewerly at Englishtown. Dad taught me to haggle/bargine at a young age. It was fun & challenging.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,256,207 times
Default Columbus Flea Market

I've been to the Englishtown Flea Market several times, but I've never been to the Columbus. Can you tell me where it is? I would be coming from Sayreville. Is it far from there?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:26 PM

8 posts, read 45,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
wondering which one is better......thanks
Depends on what your looking for. If you want household or NEW stuff, Englishtown is probably better. Columbus has lot's of antique and collectible dealers. I hate the dust of Englishtown anyway. Columbus is half an hour farther from me than Englishtown, but I'll go to Columbus anytime over Englishtown.
If your in Northern New Jersey, try the Meadowlands flea market at Giant's Stadium on Saturday mornings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey