Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:20 PM

37 posts, read 120,707 times

Advertisements

Well that does make sense of course I read over that same section and the word payable did not sink in duh so I think you are right I just know that when EB was passed some people were "weeded" out by virtue of dates and I know some poor people missed it by a day or som

Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 PM

37 posts, read 88,225 times
My 20 weeks of EB will run out on September 1st. Does this mean I wouldn't be eligible for any extensions (if they are passed)? I am really worried now. I guess I am going to have to worry myself sick and keep trying to find a job until a bill is actually signed and only then I will actually know. Are there any others on here that are in the first wave of people that are going to run out of EB? Thank you for any information about this. I appreciate it.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 AM

That is my last check also september 1st, I was worrying and worrying try to find out any info I can but then I realized everything will be speculation until congress is back in session and I will just have to wait like everyone else. I have a 15 month old and my husband barely sees him because he works so much trying to make ends meat I don't know what we will do if I don't get another extension I been sending resumes to every Tom Dick and Harry out there and nothing

Old 08-19-2009, 06:57 AM

39 posts, read 110,911 times
but ihave some question there

my EB run out month Ago ... and do u think the new bill talk about evry one his EB run out before month or 2 months? coz ihave some friends thim EB run out 2 month Ago?

thank u

Old 08-19-2009, 07:29 AM

106 posts, read 278,481 times
I claim my last eb check on Sept 2. I am in a panic too. Every day I'm looking for a job, filing out applications and sending out resumes and have no luck. I cam't understand how the gov't expects people to survive without additional extensions. And why would they wait until people run out of those extensions before considering a bill that might help. There are some people who are going to struggle for months without a check, assuming that an extension is passed. I feel so terrible for everyone who has worked hard all there lives only to lose it now thanks to our gov't.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,953,991 times
Hopefully it might be retroactive and those ending EB will be covered even though you'll be without a live check.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM

They should make it so anyone who was collecting EB will be able to collect on a new extension regardless what month they exhausted their EB but we all know the government doesn't work fair just have to hope for the best I guess

Old 08-19-2009, 08:48 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,515 times
I know, I'm banging my head against the wall everyday looking for a job in this jobless job market. I've worked since I was a kid. Never, ever had a problem like this before. I've collected unemployment in the past due to the company I worked for 14 years went out of business. I only collected for 5 weeks. Then at another company for 6 years and got laid off. Now stuck with a mortgage, bills, my daughter's tuition, and a broken marriage due to these financial hard times.

Even with unemployment, I mean it helps, but it isn't enough.

Sorry, I had to vent a little.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:51 AM

39 posts, read 110,911 times
we stell waithng too see whats going on

we have no money and if u not work u cant Live

we need more heelp

Old 08-19-2009, 02:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,978,878 times
Earlier today in different thread, posted by midagegirl
The jobless rate last month inched up one-tenth of a percentage point from 9.2 percent in June to 9.3 percent in July.

Just FYI -- assuming that this refers to the New Jersey unemployment rate for July (the poster did not specify), this is not the official number set to be released by the federal government on August 21. It is a number leaked by NJ government officials in an interview today to demonstrate their belief that joblessness is slowing in NJ.

We'll see if the feds provide the same unemployment rate for New Jersey for July on Friday -- as the federal number is the one that will be used in determining eligibility for further extensions of benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey