Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2024, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,005 times

Advertisements

We (couple + 2 preschool kids) are planning to move to a good school district town from NYC area and have shortlisted Chatham and Summit. I find both of them very similar - great school districts with similar commute (Summit little better) to NYC. We drove around, spent time in downtown. visited some open houses and love both. Summit seems more diverse but I wasn't able to find which one of these two towns has more Indian families. Are both similar in this respect or one has higher %/# of Indian families than the other? (I am aware there are other good school districts in the proximity with larger Indian communities but I am specifically trying to decide between Summit and Chatham). Any input will be very helpful. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2024, 11:34 AM

163 posts, read 132,279 times
Summit is more diverse than Chatham.

Old 04-28-2024, 12:56 PM

185 posts, read 138,733 times
Chatham has slightly better schools if you believe the ratings.
Summit is more diverse, 85% white versus close to 95% for the Chathams.

Old 05-02-2024, 08:24 AM

6 posts, read 5,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogisoul View Post
We (couple + 2 preschool kids) are planning to move to a good school district town from NYC area and have shortlisted Chatham and Summit. I find both of them very similar - great school districts with similar commute (Summit little better) to NYC. We drove around, spent time in downtown. visited some open houses and love both. Summit seems more diverse but I wasn't able to find which one of these two towns has more Indian families. Are both similar in this respect or one has higher %/# of Indian families than the other? (I am aware there are other good school districts in the proximity with larger Indian communities but I am specifically trying to decide between Summit and Chatham). Any input will be very helpful. Thank you!
I think Livingston has a substantial indian population.

Old Today, 02:25 PM

78 posts, read 108,889 times
Plenty of desis throughout all of NJ. But I think you might find more in Summit. Can't go wrong with either.

Old Today, 05:13 PM

5,076 posts, read 2,286,423 times
Summit is “more diverse”, but does that specifically mean Indian? I personally know more Indian families from Chatham, but that’s anecdotal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey