Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 01:13 PM

471 posts, read 386,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You're area might have sizable population of minorities, many others do not. Hence reasons why issue of "affordable housing" is tied into providing for certain demographics.

It isn't just one saying so; research the matter on your own and see what's out there.

You cannot simply say persons at certain income level will reliably vote democrat.
I will def research more. thanks.

I understand its about helping the reliance democrat voting blocks at the expense of actual tax payers.

I mean the statistics say that low income does vote democrat because of the services provided to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 01:15 PM

10,495 posts, read 7,026,221 times
Quote:
You're area might have sizable population of minorities, many others do not. Hence reasons why issue of "affordable housing" is tied into providing for certain demographics.

It isn't just one saying so; research the matter on your own and see what's out there.

You cannot simply say persons at certain income level will reliably vote democrat.
The data suggests, you get a handout, you vote for the person giving you a handout.

Old 04-16-2024, 01:29 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,192,261 times
Off topic for a second please

why is it they build housing section 8 in nice areas yet when it comes to building condominiums people pay mortgages and high taxes for they build them near, next to busy highways and companies that smell worse than gas stations.

Murphy if you want revenue start helping small businesses that do no harm to any neighbors and stop forcing older people in condominiums to pay a fortune. Each condominium pays for at least two single family homes. The higher up the condos are the more revenue is paid. One building is like getting taxes for 10 or more single family homes.

Yes he is spending an enormous amount of money for more low income housing.

Old 04-16-2024, 01:31 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,028,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
I will def research more. thanks.

I understand its about helping the reliance democrat voting blocks at the expense of actual tax payers.

I mean the statistics say that low income does vote democrat because of the services provided to them.
Again you cannot always make that conclusion.

Often one of largest "low income" demographics in some areas of NY and NJ are Orthodox Hasidic Jewish. That population votes usually by which politician or party is aligned with what they want or need.

In NYC they've gone back and forth between republican to democrat over years.

When people say "statistics say that low income does vote democrat", again am sorry to say this but that usually refers to blacks and or persons with brown or black skin. Latter would include certain Latino or Hispanic communities.

Historically democrats have had a lock on African-American vote for decades.

African Americans had been republican (the Party of Lincoln) until Great Depression years. This was largely due to FDR. Things have remained pretty stable trough Obama becoming POTUS in 2012, but have begun to slip as of late.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/609776/...ic-adults.aspx

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...-2024-00122846

Old 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM

471 posts, read 386,915 times
Quote:
Again you cannot always make that conclusion.

Often one of largest "low income" demographics in some areas of NY and NJ are Orthodox Hasidic Jewish. That population votes usually by which politician or party is aligned with what they want or need.

In NYC they've gone back and forth between republican to democrat over years.

When people say "statistics say that low income does vote democrat", again am sorry to say this but that usually refers to blacks and or persons with brown or black skin. Latter would include certain Latino or Hispanic communities.

Historically democrats have had a lock on African-American vote for decades.

African Americans had been republican (the Party of Lincoln) until Great Depression years. This was largely due to FDR. Things have remained pretty stable trough Obama becoming POTUS in 2012, but have begun to slip as of late.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/609776/...ic-adults.aspx

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...-2024-00122846
I mean the Orthodox Jew population is negligible when it comes to voting outcomes. But yes I do see what you mean. For example the highest earning group in the US: Indian Americans are comfortably democrat. There are always exceptions but in the end what Danny said is right. The welfare class is solidly Democrat.

Affordable housing will destroy my small town as 25% of the population will now live in these projects.

This is being done to create a one party state by democrats, and corrupt developers.

And I don’t trust Gallup’s demographic and voting trends. If their trends were right Trump would have won a second term. Gallup mostly just projects, and fear mongers for Democrats.

When 20% of black people vote Republican I’ll believe Gallup. And this requires Black women to vote Republican. Black women vote at a higher propensity than Men, and are more democratic.

The current state of the country is disastrous whether it comes to inflation, immigration, foreign policy, debt, or even quality of life. Yet Biden is going to win again due to demographics. Demographics are Destiny. The welfare class is supreme.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:07 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,028,526 times
Quote:
I mean the Orthodox Jew population is negligible when it comes to voting outcomes. But yes I do see what you mean. For example the highest earning group in the US: Indian Americans are comfortably democrat. There are always exceptions but in the end what Danny said is right. The welfare class is solidly Democrat.

Affordable housing will destroy my small town as 25% of the population will now live in these projects.

This is being done to create a one party state by democrats, and corrupt developers.

And I don’t trust Gallup’s demographic and voting trends. If their trends were right Trump would have won a second term. Gallup mostly just projects, and fear mongers for Democrats.

When 20% of black people vote Republican I’ll believe Gallup. And this requires Black women to vote Republican. Black women vote at a higher propensity than Men, and are more democratic.

The current state of the country is disastrous whether it comes to inflation, immigration, foreign policy, debt, or even quality of life. Yet Biden is going to win again due to demographics. Demographics are Destiny. The welfare class is supreme.
There are various reasons behind this, prime among them are high incarceration rates of AA males.

Many states restrict felons and or others with conviction records from voting. There are processes for restoring those rights in some states however.

This feeds into two other democrat/liberal/progressive schemes of late. Both "ban the box" and automatic sealing or expungement of criminal records are in part meant to address high rates of AA males with rap sheets.

It isn't just voting, but housing, employment and other things are on table.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:18 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,122,054 times
Quote:
It makes me so angry Danny.

Why do filthy democrats keep trying to rig the voting population to their advantage? Everything they do comes down to votes.

This new development is going to increase the town's population by 30%. Yes 30 freaking % of the town is going to now be low income who need services provided to them.

I'm actually scared to see how much property taxes have to go up to not only provide them with services, but also to build/finance/maintain their housing.

Large towns like Paramus with a booming commercial base, and never ending new construction of $1M-3M homes can take the hit and feel nothing. They can take 2,000 of these people, and still even cut taxes due to excess revenue.

What is the logic behind this move? That people are entitled to a higher quality of life that Paterson cannot provide? Or to make sure more seats go blue by shifting the voting population around?

Murphy is a POS. Why doesn't he take all of these people, and bring them to Monmouth County? Im sure with Murphy's $140K property tax bill he can take the hit.
I can assure you that Monmouth County has not been spared.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:25 PM

88,625 posts, read 84,895,898 times
I found this part interesting:

Quote:
As part of this process, the bill contains provisions outlining how municipalities may receive “bonus credits” that allows units of affordable housing to be credited as 1.5 or 2 units in certain circumstances. This bonus credit system incentivizes age-restricted housing, housing set aside for individuals with special needs, and other location or purpose-specific housing projects, such as housing near mass transit stations.
The bonus credits are capped at 25% of the total for each municipality, though.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:42 PM

88,625 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
It makes me so angry Danny.

Why do filthy democrats keep trying to rig the voting population to their advantage? Everything they do comes down to votes.

This new development is going to increase the town's population by 30%. Yes 30 freaking % of the town is going to now be low income who need services provided to them.

I'm actually scared to see how much property taxes have to go up to not only provide them with services, but also to build/finance/maintain their housing.

Large towns like Paramus with a booming commercial base, and never ending new construction of $1M-3M homes can take the hit and feel nothing. They can take 2,000 of these people, and still even cut taxes due to excess revenue.

What is the logic behind this move? That people are entitled to a higher quality of life that Paterson cannot provide? Or to make sure more seats go blue by shifting the voting population around?

Murphy is a POS. Why doesn't he take all of these people, and bring them to Monmouth County? Im sure with Murphy's $140K property tax bill he can take the hit.
To be fair, though, that's just what politicians do. Everything filthy Republicans do also just comes down to votes. They just target a different voting base. It's not like one political party is made up altruistic people who want to help others and one just wants votes. They are all the same.

Old 04-17-2024, 06:25 AM

1,061 posts, read 549,696 times
When you go to the store you want someone to be behind the counter. When you go to the gas station you want someone to pump your gas. If you go to the hospital you want it to be kept clean. Where are the workers supposed to live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey