Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2024, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,343 times

Advertisements

Considering a move back to NJ. I have many questions. What DON'T people like about Monroe? What DO people like? Is it hard to find doctors? Do the senior communities have transportation for when you can no longer drive? Are people friendly? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 11:39 PM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Don't know much about the residential side, but alot of warehouses.

Old 03-13-2024, 08:40 AM

5,131 posts, read 3,747,404 times
There are some nice areas in Monroe.

Old 03-13-2024, 05:38 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I have a sister in a 55+ in Monroe. She has been there about 15 years. Likes it. I will ask her about transportation options. She is 73 and drives. Finding doctors does not seem to have been a problem.

I know my BIL used to drive people to dr appts part-time after he retired and was paid through insurance.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:17 PM

968 posts, read 1,139,781 times
My parents just moved to Greenbriar at Whittingham. They love it. The place is gated and it really feels like they went all out. It has a golf course, two pools - one indoor, the other outdoor - a restaurant/country club etc. In the winter they even plow your driveway if your cars are not parked there. And the house has a complete backup generator if the power goes out.
A lot of their neighbors are snowbirds with second homes in Florida. There are doctors' offices around. I'm not sure about tansportation for seniors who can no longer drive.

The only thing lacking is shopping amenities. It's a town of 48,000 people spread across 42 square miles of land and has only one major grocery store - the Stop & Shop at the intersection of Prospect Plains and Perrineville Rds - and not very cheap. My father said he was noticing a huge difference in the prices there compared to the ShopRite down Rt 130 in East Windsor, which is where they usually go for most things, given the Target is also right there across 130 along with a Dollar Tree and Aldi. They don't seem to mind the 20 minute drive.

They wanted to be close to the NJ Turnpike given that myself and siblings live in opposite directions and they wanted to be able to get to all of us relatively easily. And the house they bought is really the only one in these 55+ communities that my mother actually liked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey