Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 10:34 PM

88,628 posts, read 84,895,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
As per NJ.com:

Nearly 1 million New Jersey residents were sent ANCHOR property tax payments during the state’s first week of distributing the benefit, the state Treasury Department said late Thursday.

The first direct deposits were received by taxpayers on Oct. 12, and the first mailing of paper checks was earlier this week, it said.

“ANCHOR benefits are being distributed on a rolling basis; there are multiple deposits and check mailings each week,” spokeswoman Danielle Currie said. “Nearly 1 million payments have been distributed to date this filing season.”

The first payments went to taxpayers who received a confirmation letter saying they didn’t need to do anything to get their benefit unless their information had changed.

Most new applicants can expect to receive their payment approximately 90 days after filing the application, unless the Division of Taxation requests additional information to process a claim,” Currie said previously.

When taxpayers learned the first payments were going out, people overwhelmed the state’s website, looking for information about their benefit or trying to apply. The system was unable to handle the high traffic for a period of time in those first days.
The blue is what confused many of us. It sounds as if all the people in that category got their direct deposits, but we didn't.

Old 10-20-2023, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I received the confirmation letter but I haven’t gotten my direct deposit yet.
Same with me, same with my sister.

What likely happens is that the politicians and the lawyers and the media relations people release these statements to the press without checking in with the working stiffs who are actually doing the work to get these payments out.

Old 10-21-2023, 09:10 AM

1,281 posts, read 1,423,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Same with me, same with my sister.

What likely happens is that the politicians and the lawyers and the media relations people release these statements to the press without checking in with the working stiffs who are actually doing the work to get these payments out.
LOL!! Yep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2023, 09:40 AM

82 posts, read 64,349 times
Yup, haven't received my payment yet and I had a confirmation letter. My daughter, who is a renter, received her check in the mail yesterday.

Old 10-21-2023, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
LOL!! Yep!
I used to be one of those working stiffs hearing politicians tell the public ridiculous things that were not true or could not be accomplished in the time frame they said in their press statements.

Old 10-21-2023, 01:58 PM

19,139 posts, read 25,356,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I used to be one of those working stiffs hearing politicians tell the public ridiculous things that were not true or could not be accomplished in the time frame they said in their press statements.
It's not just politicians who spout ridiculous claims for consumption by a gullible public. Can you imagine working for a school Principal who told parents that their child's teacher would create individualized lesson plans for each student, for every subject (math, science, social studies, reading, English) that he/she taught to his/her elementary school class?

Hmmm... let's see... 26 students (on average) times at least 5 subject areas equals about 130 different lesson plans. Even if somebody went without sleep, there is no way that someone could write--and implement--that number of documents each week, while simultaneously grading papers and doing general preparation for his/her classes.

And yet, that exactly-spouted ridiculous statement was regularly made to parents.

Old 10-22-2023, 04:20 AM

7,391 posts, read 3,546,926 times
so if my property taxes went up by 8% in 4 years, i would still be paying close to 10k. sounds like a great bargain! how about they just lower property taxes instead of vote buying ponzi schemes?

Old 10-22-2023, 08:13 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,648,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
so if my property taxes went up by 8% in 4 years, i would still be paying close to 10k. sounds like a great bargain! how about they just lower property taxes instead of vote buying ponzi schemes?
Who is “they”?

Old 10-22-2023, 11:00 AM

7,391 posts, read 3,546,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Who is “they”?
the people most New Jersians clap their flippers together for whenever a PAC ad airs.

Old 10-23-2023, 01:10 PM

FYI.

I checked my checking account today. No Anchor payment yet.

So I checked the status of my Anchor on the NJ Taxation website. It says that a direct deposit was made into my checking account on October 24, 2023. A message from the future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey