Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 08:57 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,369,092 times

Advertisements

No more plastic grocery bags in the grocery stores. So you bring your own recyclable grocery bags, not a problem. However, if you order pick-up or delivery, you are forced to purchase their recyclable grocery bags. At places like Stop N Stop they are 50 cents each. So if your pick-up order has 7 bags, the charge is $3.50. Not a huge deal in terms of cost, because the bags can be reused. However, if you do a pick-up order each week where you are forced to purchase 7 bags that $3.50 a week for about $175.00 a year. But that's not the worst of it, that is an annual accumulation of 350 bags per year. What is your household going to do with 350 recycle bags accumulating each year? Throwing them out sounds wasteful and not good for the environment.

Unless there is another alternative, I see this as killing their pick-up and delivery service for many households.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 10:04 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
They can tax the bags now. That’s all this has ever been about. NowI have to buy big plastic bags whenever I make an unexpected stop at the store. I also have to buy small plastic bags for the small garbage cans around my house. This November and next I’ll be so happy to vote for every non-incumbent on the ballot. Probably won’t change anything in NJ but I’ll even beg others in my neighborhood to vote against them, something I’ve never done before.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-05-2022, 10:24 PM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Shoprite sells heavier duty plastic bags for .35 cents with a sign saying 150 uses will save the plastic of 1 traditional plastic bag. Lmao.. I hate clutter at my house, have no use for these bags like for dog waste or as a bathroom trashcan so I just threw out 150 bags worth of plastic. Will happily do it everytime.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:58 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I’m not paying for a single bag. We’ve adjusted our shopping habits again. We went through this in NY already a few years ago. After the hypocrisy of masks, which are littered EVERYWHERE, no one’s going to tell me this isn’t all about money.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-06-2022, 06:41 AM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Shoprite sells heavier duty plastic bags for .35 cents with a sign saying 150 uses will save the plastic of 1 traditional plastic bag. Lmao.. I hate clutter at my house, have no use for these bags like for dog waste or as a bathroom trashcan so I just threw out 150 bags worth of plastic. Will happily do it everytime.
Donate the bags to your local THRIFT SHOP. They need them. I was in one over the weekend and they said they were running out of bags already.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:52 AM

650 posts, read 774,171 times
Reusable bags are plastic too. They are harder-to- dissolve plastic than before for environment.

Why stupid government Allows plastic at all?

Paper, cloth , etc, if they are serious about environment.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:16 AM

7,333 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewin888 View Post
Reusable bags are plastic too. They are harder-to- dissolve plastic than before for environment.

Why stupid government Allows plastic at all?

Paper, cloth , etc, if they are serious about environment.
because these reusable bags are made in clean energy China and have to be transported overseas on electric vessels to meet NJ’s strict environmental requirements. you might not see the bigger picture, but these reusable bags will eventually reverse climate change (2 degrees annually)

Old 06-06-2022, 08:24 AM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
Donate the bags to your local THRIFT SHOP. They need them. I was in one over the weekend and they said they were running out of bags already.
Meh personally dont like supporting thrift shops, the idea sounds great but its one corrupt massive pyramid scheme. Plus you can literally buy these heavy use bags for fractions of a penny from green energy china.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:30 AM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times
Quote:
Meh personally dont like supporting thrift shops, the idea sounds great but its one corrupt massive pyramid scheme. Plus you can literally buy these heavy use bags for fractions of a penny from green energy china.
It was a church thrift shop.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:42 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Why do you hate thrift shops?

I've donated stuff to the one at our local SPCA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey