Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 11:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i actually think that trump is a strong republican candidate because he isnt so republican. i think it was a bad idea to add pence to the ticket. trump is closer to that fiscal conservative/socially liberal that many people claim they wish to see. he is nowhere near where i would want, but closer than his d-bag running mate pence. i cringe when someone speaks out about gay marriage. its just embarrassing at this point (unless you add that you oppose government regulation of all forms of marriage).
Similar to Reagan the Republican establishment hated him and refused to give him the nomination unless they took an establishment approved running mate name Bush. What Trump will do that Hillary can't do is clean up the Feds. One thing Bloomberg did as Mayor was that he modernized their system. He brought in best business practices and ensure people in his ranks are accountable and get rid of rigid cronyism that constantly promoted people that are incapable and corrupt.

Hillary will simply bring back all of Clinton's favorite people back into office and not carry out any real change to the system.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:04 PM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I've noticed lots of Trump banners and posters only on the houses and lawns of McMansions and well to do areas.

I thought Hillary said that Trump supporters are the "deplorable people"

I have yet to see one Hillary banner or poster yet. Really, none.
Why would this shock you? McMansions are ugly and tasteless. It fits perfectly.
You can also find TRUMP signs in trailer parks. Many. Take a ride.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,932,541 times
It's not just McMansions. I live in a small town with many more poor than rich and the Trump signs are everywhere. When they aren't getting stolen, that is. I've seen Trump signs, banners, flags and bumper stickers all over Warren County. I was on a road trip last month through KY, OH and PA and Trump signs were everywhere.

Up until today I have only seen "Hillary for Prison" signs. I saw a NJ for Hillary sign in Whippany today.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:15 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,897 times
Quote:
I have not read anything that would convince me that Hillary is the better candidate. I think both are very weak candidates, critics have said Trump is unprepared especially that 1st debate.

This is a guy who has never been a politician before and he's doing all these unscripted speeches. Of course he's gonna look bad compared to all these scripted politicians like Ted Cruz.
Trump looks bad not because he is at a disadvantage for not being a seasoned politician, but because he's an incoherent windbag who is only slightly more articulate than, for example, his former reality show co-star Teresa Giudice. He just says "YOOJ!" a lot instead of "FABULICIOUS!". They are similarly verbally (and mentally) challenged, and with accents that are equally grating. (Unrelated, and just for fun...they probably also wear the same amount of makeup, and also have the same absurd hairline.)

I've seen child actors and brain-damaged football players give more articulate off-the-cuff interviews. The random townsfolk who get up to voice opinions at my local town hall meetings are more polished.

On a 'WTF are you talking about?!", oratory scale of 1 to 10, where Mushmouth from Fat Albert is a 1, and Sarah Palin is a 10, Donald Trump is probably at a 4.5. (To be fair, I'll give Trump credit for not coughing up right-wingin', bitter clingin' total cuckoo-for-Cocoa Puffs word salads, doggone it, you betcha, that sound fueled by meth, Tylenol 3, and White Zinfandel.)

Quote:
What Trump will do that Hillary can't do is clean up the Feds. One thing Bloomberg did as Mayor was that he modernized their system. He brought in best business practices and ensure people in his ranks are accountable and get rid of rigid cronyism that constantly promoted people that are incapable and corrupt.

Hillary will simply bring back all of Clinton's favorite people back into office and not carry out any real change to the system.
I understand the strong dislike for HRC.

But you are delusional if you think that (1) Donald Trump really gives a damn at all about this country, politics in general, or changing anything, including cleaning up "the Feds", LOL, and (2) he would have the ability, desire, or the capability to do anything.

Probably any high school kid currently taking a Civics or U.S. history class (especially one in the ever-fabled Excellent NJ Public School System™) is more knowledgeable on politics, current events and the government, than Donald Trump.

But since I don't particularly want HRC as POTUS, I almost wouldn't mind Trump winning the election just for the delicious, delicious schadenfreude of (A) watching Trump flounder and make an (even bigger) ass of himself, and (B) watching the bewildered chagrin of his deluded disciples as they go from crestfallen, to despondent, to inconsolable, when they slowly come to the realization that they've been bamboozled by their messiah, when they see that no wall is built (least of all one paid for by Mexico), when we don't round up all Muslims, Arabs, and Arab-looking people into internment camps, when jobs continue to go overseas, when nothing improves for veterans, and ISIS continues to exist.

Either way, neither fool is going to be more than a 1-term president anyway, so I don't really give too much of a damn. I just think it's hilarious when Trump cheer leaders get their pom poms all in a tizzy about what a refreshing anti-establishment outsider Donald Trump is. Yeah, ok. So punk rock. Such rebel patriots.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:51 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,596,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
It's not just McMansions. I live in a small town with many more poor than rich and the Trump signs are everywhere. .
It's really amazing when poor people vote against their best interest.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:56 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post

Old 09-22-2016, 03:00 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
I understand the strong dislike for HRC.

But you are delusional if you think that (1) Donald Trump really gives a damn at all about this country, politics in general, or changing anything, including cleaning up "the Feds", LOL, and (2) he would have the ability, desire, or the capability to do anything.
Well, a lot of people like me believe the "what could be worse scenario" if the government is already out of touch with the middle class then let's screw them all with an anti-establishment candidate.

I don't believe HRC is actually a true liberal or centrist democrat, she is more right leaning on economic and foreign affairs issues. But her biggest problem is that she's a terrible communicator. The liberal media is doing all they can to defeat Trump but she needs to seal the deal by communicating to the voters who is the real HRC. Is it that corrupt politician that Fox News painted? Or is it that establishment candidate that the corrupt DNC favored all along pushing aside Sanders?

I think she's counting on most of the American people are low information voters that believe she's the better choice than Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
But since I don't particularly want HRC as POTUS, I almost wouldn't mind Trump winning the election just for the delicious, delicious schadenfreude of (A) watching Trump flounder and make an (even bigger) ass of himself, and (B) watching the bewildered chagrin of his deluded disciples as they go from crestfallen, to despondent, to inconsolable, when they slowly come to the realization that they've been bamboozled by their messiah, when they see that no wall is built (least of all one paid for by Mexico), when we don't round up all Muslims, Arabs, and Arab-looking people into internment camps, when jobs continue to go overseas, when nothing improves for veterans, and ISIS continues to exist.

Either way, neither fool is going to be more than a 1-term president anyway, so I don't really give too much of a damn. I just think it's hilarious when Trump cheer leaders get their pom poms all in a tizzy about what a refreshing anti-establishment outsider Donald Trump is. Yeah, ok. So punk rock. Such rebel patriots.
I agree that will be the day of reckoning that many people are wishing for that will be played out. If Hillary wins, I can't imagine anything could be done as Congress & House will most likely remain Republican control.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:05 PM

19,119 posts, read 25,313,763 times
Quote:
Well, Agent Orange has repeatedly shouted, "I LOVE the poorly-educated".
Is it really surprising that poor people--who are also likely to be poorly-educated--would choose to vote for somebody whose tax plan favors the mega-wealthy?

Old 09-22-2016, 04:15 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,897 times
Quote:
Well, a lot of people like me believe the "what could be worse scenario" if the government is already out of touch with the middle class then let's screw them all with an anti-establishment candidate.
Quote:
I think she's counting on most of the American people are low information voters that believe she's the better choice than Trump.

I will have to agree to disagree.

In case there is any doubt, I was being facetious earlier when I said I wouldn't mind a Trump win. Clinton is the better choice. She is the only sane choice. If we're talking about Trump being the other choice.

If you need dental work done, and are shopping around for a dentist, who do you want holding the drill?

Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors:

...or one of the DDS's or DMD's on this list?: https://njmonthly.com/find-a-dentist/

I would take even the most poorly reviewed DDS/DMD on that^^ list over Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors.

Gunning for Trump is like handing over a bunch of scalpels and drills to Orin Scrivello, DDS, and being confident that he won't turn your mouth into a train wreck.

Yeah, the first priority of a real, professional DDS or DMD probably really is paying down his lake house and kids' college educations with the extra money he'll earn hard selling you expensive cosmetic services you don't need. And you'll probably get screwed with your dental insurance. But, I mean, I don't think the Little Shop of Horrors dentist could ever be the better, or logical choice. And I would have zero hope/faith that he could ever have the capability to improve or change anything.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:02 PM

789 posts, read 702,611 times
Quote:
How's that self interest going with liberal policies? You can test this empirically. Add up the 30Trillion or so spent on "the war on poverty" over the last 50 years against the progress. I do admit liberals have a good marketing ploy. Tax the rich sounds good on paper. In practice, not so much.

Take Brownsville Brooklyn for example. Probably have voted 95-100% D for the last 50 years. Ask em about how that is working out for their best interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey