Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:15 PM

221 posts, read 379,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
He is trying to give your car STD.
ha ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 04:25 PM

221 posts, read 379,927 times
This is why I hate NJ. Too many people are mentally 'off' and unless you are rich or lucky enough to have bought a property surrounded by land, we are too close to our neighbors. I think the government should take land via eminent domain and just raise some structures to create a mandatory amount of 'space' between properties. Apartment buildings should be built to avoid contact with neighbors as well. Each unit should have its own entrance and sound alarms should go off if too much noise makes it out of one apartment so the management knows what is happening and it is a violation of the lease. There should also be cameras in every classroom of every public school as well as hallways and outside bathroom stalls. People are nuts. If space was made mandatory, maybe we would choose to seek eachother out more instead of having obnoxious people forced on us...especially poor single women who are left to fend for themselves. I've seen people post on youtube about their horrible neighbors and on forums. This is why I hate people a lot of the time...they feel forced down your throat. If you are the type of person who is unassuming and 'ideal' as far as being easy to live around...you may attract the exact opposite because there is hardly any justice in the universe...only sheyt makers vs. sheyt takers. I am unfortunately the latter.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:58 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
I think the government should take land via eminent domain and just raise some structures to create a mandatory amount of 'space' between properties.

How high should they raise them?
If you want to create space between houses, wouldn't it be more effective to raze some of them?

Old 10-05-2014, 05:03 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanagloriana View Post
So he is still throwing a clear substance on my car. Im waiting for my court date. I called the court and they took my name and number and said they will get back to me. Im trying to find a camera to put in my car that records 24 7 no one has any suggestions. Its frustrating. Im going to make sure he pays for my windows front and back and my paint come hell or high water. It was suggested to me that he feels rejected and so hes doing this. I dont give a flying **** what he feels. Find someone to pay attention to you. We live nj not south beach.
One of the police officers that spoke to him said i wont have any problem convincing a judge that he did anything because he spoke with him for 10 mins and h said hes "a little off". If i have to move heshould have to pay for that too.

Any suggestions on a 24 7 recording, night vision camera?
Definitely run a video, you might have one recording inside while you sleep and then during these hours when he is messing with your car. Video proof is what will convict him. Any threats you get recorded or putting stuff on your windshield and the like will help. While the officer said he is a little off, it's the judge that makes the decisions not the cop and he might feel sorry for the guy and let him off with some promise to pay you for damage he has done. If that's the case, I would expect it to continue, so video is essential especially if this continues after your court date. There are many lenient tools that have the title of judge. You maybe able to get some kind of a no contact protection order if he continues to threaten you. It would be too bad if you had to move due to this idiot, but peace of mind is worth a lot and I'm sure this guy is causing you a great amount of stress. That's something you may have to consider if this keeps on. Stay safe. I would get a small can of mace, they have them you can put on a keychain even. You want to have some form of defense if this guy tries to get violent or physical at all. Good luck, keep us updated on this

The Mobius Action Cam is pretty inexpensive and works well, in this video the guy compares it to the more expensive FineVu CR-500HD Dash Cam, and really the Mobius seems better to me. You need a front and rear dashcam system.

How about an outside wireless cam you could put on the balcony? Is that possible? I don't know about these but you can often find reviews and comparisons on youtube and other places. I think it would be important to have the video running in your apartment while you sleep so if he pounds on the door or screams some threat you will likely get it recorded.

You may get some help from a forum like this one, CCTV Forum - CCTV Video Surveillance Discussion Forum And in that case I would make a new post and outline your problem and ask for help with equipment they feel would be most cost effective and work well. This person has a stalker problem and asks folks about video camera options, it maybe helpful to you. They have a review of cams there also. What is the best camera home security system? | Forums | ASecureLife.com

Mobius Action Cam vs. FineVu CR-500HD Dash Cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z40L...A5YkTHhpM3IWdw

Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanagloriana View Post
I am a 31 y.o female that lives in an upstairs apartment and my 66 y.o. emotionally unstable neighbor lives downstairs. For months he has been ringing my doorbell and hiding in his apartment. Banging on my ceiling after I fall asleep (I work a 12hr shift 7pm -730am) which has me jolting out of my bed.
The noises I have learned to ignore. I take sleeping pills and I sleep almost soundly but this seem to have put a fire under him. He has now upgraded to putting drops of a clear substance on my car (mostly on my windshield).
One morning around 5am I was sitting on my couch trying to finish a paper for school and I heard his apartment door open. I dont know what made me get up to look at what he was up to but even under the parking lot lights I could see that he was leaning over my car to put something on it. I yelled out "stop putting stuff on my car" and he smiled and said he was doing nothing. Later on that day I heard him pulling up and I stood on my balcony and made sure he knew I was watching him. He comes out from his truck and pulls out a huge hunting knife "***** i'm going to slit your throat". I immediately called the police. They came I filed a complaint and they didn't arrest him. I have no clue why. The police said that he showed him the knife. How come he wasn't arrested? The police said that I will get notice in the mail for a court date and the two of us will stand before the judge.

This was 2 days ago. In the mean time he is STILL putting the clear substance on my car. Its hard to take a picture of it unless its in the morning when there is precipitation on my window then you can see it clear as day.

What do I do?
This is what you should do. If you were a member of my family, I would come over immediately, pack your things and move you to our house so you can immediately resume a safe and peaceful existence. The first order of business would be to find another place for you to live. I would also set it up so anything from your old address gets forwarded to a UPS Store for a mailbox so this stalker can't find you. Then I would help you move into the new place and have installed a security system that's monitored.

Listen up, dear, don't spend a cent on a trail cam or anything like that. Just get the hell out of there, because none of us want to be reading about you in the news because of this nut hurt or killed you. Then everyone will sit around and say "task, task" because no one did anything. Those on the forum who are well-meaning told you how to deal with it, but anything other than getting out of their immediately and finding a new place to live is the wrong answer.

You want money to move? Well, you are going to spend court costs and $600 - $800 on a trail cam, which is a waste of money. Even if you get this guy caught, and the judge agrees with you 100% he can't make a crazy person be normal. He can't cause him to move and leave you alone for good. Sometimes in life you have to spend money to improve things for yourself and they aren't even your fault, I get that. You need a new car the engine broke and it isn't under warranty, the house needs a new roof because it leaks, medical costs aren't being fully covered by the insurance company. I get all of this and it isn't your fault, but you have to deal with it the best you can.

You time, peace of mind and safety are PRICELESS!!! Money is the only thing in this life which can be 100% replaced. Look for a place to move and get out of there this second!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 05:59 PM

29 posts, read 35,251 times
Update. The judge has asked for the defendant (my neighbor) to come to court on his first appearance on the 20th. I wqs told that i dont have to be there but I can go if i choose. This appearance is about him pulling a knife on me. Why it took so long for him to go to court is beyond me.

This afternoon when i left for classes I noticed that he put some more stuff on my car. Im taking pictures and printing them out.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:23 PM

684 posts, read 812,556 times
Too bad NJ politics wont allow you to carry for your own safety and defense.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:10 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
Too bad NJ politics wont allow you to carry for your own safety and defense.
someone who feels they are really in danger may be wise to weigh the potential consequences of abiding by that law. the most likely scenario where you would be caught would be one where your life was threatened and you needed to protect yourself. the old "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" line.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:48 AM

98 posts, read 119,970 times
this whole situation is crazy. once you gather up enough proof to bring to court about him putting things on ur car, park out of sight. he will eventually see that he cant get his rocks off putting crap on your car and will hopefully stop everything.

but i would also look for a new place to move to. it's not worth the headache and drama. who cares if you moved 6 times, move again!

this is not a way to live.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:29 AM

29 posts, read 35,251 times
Went to court today. He was charged with harrassment and plead not guilty. Its the state of nj vs him. He told the judge he was getting a lawyer and looked over at me. Not sure what the evil look was about. What was funny about the whole day was he was helping people inside the court house. He was holding doors, saying yes ma'am, he helped a blind woman with her dog. When he got up to talk to the judge he said "yes sir no sir". It was sickening. The thing about it is , thats EXACTLY how he is with one of our neighbors. Then when hes in the apartment hes banging on walls and slamming doors etc.
If found guilty its up to 30 days in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey