Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:07 AM

631 posts, read 720,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
it's not "landline" business. there's no such thing. It's the wireline business, which includes far more than landline product. and that infrastructure is the backbone of wireless. you'd have a different perspective if you were inside either company. take what you read in newspaper articles with a grain of salt sometimes - they don't have all the facts.

And this was what I was talking about earlier in thie thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,411,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
And this was what I was talking about earlier in thie thread.
i honestly don't even remember at this point haha

Old 08-26-2011, 04:59 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i don't know if NYC has some sort of specific law that is different, but:

Unemployment claims rise to 417,000 in latest week - Aug. 25, 2011

"In most states, workers on strike are not eligible for unemployment benefits. And the weekly initial claims number merely reflects applications for the benefits -- not all of which will be approved and paid out."

maybe New York is a state that this isn't the case? good for you I guess...but I personally think that's wrong. if you voluntarily leave work to fight for your benefits and compensation, I'm ok with that. but if you live off taxpayer dollars after leaving work voluntarily...not so ok with that.

Just to let you know taxpayer dollars do not fund unemployment, every business pays the

unemployment insurance premiums. The company would not let us work without a contract.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:42 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Just to let you know taxpayer dollars do not fund unemployment, every business pays the

unemployment insurance premiums. The company would not let us work without a contract.
Of course tax payers fund unemployment.

The Unemployment Insurance Crisis — The American Magazine

" An overlooked fiscal crisis looms: the depletion of the trust funds out of which states pay unemployment benefits. As of June 24, unemployment insurance (UI) trust funds in 30 states and the Virgin Islands were insolvent, requiring loans from the federal government totaling over $38 billion. The Department of Labor expects that as many as 40 states will require federal loans in fiscal 2013, with borrowing totaling $93 billion. This amount is above and beyond the $130 billion in additional federal spending on unemployment benefits in the current economic cycle."

Old 08-28-2011, 09:30 AM

21 posts, read 26,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
and now they are working again under the old contract.
Most union members wanted the old contract to remain so this is a win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey