Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM

8 posts, read 9,812 times

Advertisements

This is a bit early but my fiance and I are looking at moving to the Philadelphia area in what we believe may be a year or two. I am currently in the process of getting a federal job, but the process takes awhile. This job will be at the airport in Philadelphia. I will note, I am originally from Monmouth County, so I guess I am a little biased to wanting to move back to NJ. I would be willing to look in Pennsylvania too, but from what I saw all the prices seemed to be the same. I'd love to buy a house and from what we've been looking at Gibbstown, NJ seems affordable. Assuming my fiance is able to transfer jobs, we'd be looking at maybe making roughly $90k per year combined. I don't think buying a house will be happening immediately but what are some good areas to rent in? We pay $1,040 for a nice 2 bedroom now in Albany, NY. We do have a cat and a dog, as well (if that makes a difference). I spent a summer interning in Medford, NJ in college and loved the area but it seems the commute may be a lot to the airport.

Like I said, maybe it's too early to be asking these questions but I tend think maybe people living in the area may know of some places I haven't looked yet. Anyway, thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 08:50 PM

32,953 posts, read 36,412,347 times
I'm amazed that you found it! You should get a prize for that.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy there. There's all sorts of industrial junk along the river. I'd live there, but I wouldn't want to be saddled with the burden of trying to sell.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,925 times
We moved to Gibbstown from trendy Collingswood 5 years ago and we like it here. This post is a year old, but I am responding in case you or others are interested in the town. There is no burden in selling a home here. They move quickly, and purchase prices and real estate tax costs are reasonable. The town is safe and police are responsive. The open areas around town are bucolic, the pace here is calmer than surrounding towns, and that's a nice feeling. Great dining is close by and access to the city and to the airport is fast. Many people in town were born here and there is a lot of hometown pride. It's mostly a blue collar population - lots of pick up trucks - but politically the town is nicely divided so you don't feel pressured one way or the other. It may lack the bells and whistles of other places, but a Gibbstown is a little hidden gem in many ways. I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Hope you found your best place in the meantime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: